WOULD YOU LIKE A CRITIC? Post your picture here.

<12345 ... 7>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
When When Post 1 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
I don't know what happened to the original thread on this so I'm starting a new one.

Something I think is very important in helping an artist develop is having them ask for serious critic when they are ready and open to recieve the comments. For everyone this moment comes at different times. Often FC members are hurt or upset when they find a comment they made in all sincerity is not well accepted. Now, many will say that by the meer act of uploading an image to a public channel the photographer should expect to be ready for anything that comes at them. Personally I feel that many would be photographers are more than often harmed and chased away by more advanced members who demand that thier suggestions be followed or give advice that is far above the capabilities of the beginner or novice photographer. Often times skill is equated with the ability to master highly technical editing programs and have the knowledge to manipulate images. (If you look at the gallery a very high percentage of images have been extensively edited (or post processed as some like to call it.) I think one thing that is greatly missing in FC is a place where the photographer can submit his/her own pictures regardless of level for an sincere critic of what they are looking to learn to do with thier pictures. I propose this thread.

I am asking that you only post your picture that you want serious comment on and a short comment on what you would like to improve. It would also be helpful if you state what level you are at in your photography, what your intentions with your photography are, and what editing programs you have or are trying to learn. Hopefully it will draw attention and traffic to your picture and exchanges that illicate growth and mentoring will take place. Please discuss under the picture and not in the thread so that no one will get lost in banter.

HOW TO POST YOUR PICTURE IN THIS THREAD
Under every picture uploaded to FC is a designated number code. This number code is located under the title box of your picture. It is surrounded by brackets. Highlight, click on the highlight and copy the code including the text and brackets. Then come to the forum and paste your text into your comment box. When you post your message the photo thumbnail will appear imbedded in your comment box. If you have any problems or would like help with writting your comment, feel free to send me a QM and I will walk you through your first time.

To send a QM for assistance click on the oval colored button by my name, it will bring up a QM window.

Thanks, and best wishes for this working.

Post Edited (1:55h)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
No reactions sofar ??

Let me be the first one then.

I would like to hear something about this.

[fc-foto:5430870]
Mark Page Mark Page Post 3 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5437215]

As a newbie on FC maybe you would like to give some expert opinions on this one?
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5458678]

Hi I would really appreciate any comments especially critism, ways i can improve on my images much appreciated

Debbie
Robert van der Sanden Robert van der Sanden Post 5 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
In my search to improve in fine art photography and create a personal style I'm often quite uncertain about the pictures I produce. Like with this one; somehow I like the red leaves growing up the tree and the spot of sunlight on the bark, and somehow it's just a plain dull picture.

Up Up Robert van der Sa… 29.03.06 22

I would really appreciate it when you would share your thought on this picture from an artistic point of view at a more advanced level. Not on technical details, I don't worry so much about how to improve the use of my gear. I like to become a better artist and feel I can do with some guidance.

I know I ask a lot but I really appreciate any help.

Robert

Post Edited (22:45h)
Abdul Khaliq Abdul Khaliq Post 6 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5160245]

This was my first experiment on such pictures. I am not fully convinced with the output.
pls. comment which areas i was lacking ?

@ Wen, This tread is a really seriouse efforts to improve our skills.
THANKS
Patrick B. Parenteau Patrick B. Parenteau Post 7 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5434293]

For the most part, I'm a traditionalist when it comes to photography and prefer a minimal amount of PS enhancement.

I spend a lot of time at the end of the runways in Vancouver (my wife flys for Air Canada) waiting for her to land. I tried many times to do this shot "for real" but the planes were always too far away to give any real impact. This is one of my first attempts at photo collage.

I would appreciate your input.

Wen - are you giving reviews through QM's or do you want us to comment on other photos as well?

Post Edited (0:26h)
Mark Page Mark Page Post 8 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5481708]

After some really constructive comments on my "Purple Lady" picture (thanks everyone) I wonder if you could pass your critical eye over this one.

It has a couple of "Hotspots" on the nose and forehead I am struggling to remove - any tips?

It's Coke's 80th birthday next week and I would like to give him a framed print as a thank-you for good times and great memories from my boy scout days.
Laki K. Laki K. Post 9 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
thanks wen for keeping it alive ;-)

[fc-foto:5484037]
Roberto Grilli Roberto Grilli Post 10 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5472176]

friend and enemy

Hi Wen,
I just found out this message in the forum.
I think that is very interesting.
Please, can you have a look the attached photo and let me know your feelings.
Thanks
Roberto
Mark Page Mark Page Post 11 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5487252]

Re- edited
When When Post 12 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5498446]

How to crop?

Sucky luck. Drove all the way out to this great site and discovered that in my haste I had loaded all the gear BUT Got distracted at the last minute while putting charged batteries and the card in the camera. Left it on the table at home. Two hour drive. Good thing I had my little Kodak Easyshare, but dang, this was the first time I was going to try to shoot RAW.

Anyway, I have a new wide angle for my 3.1 megapixel toy. The lens obstructs the viewfinder so I have to shoot wide. Crop? I say definately, just cant decide. Help oh mighty FC.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 13 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
I know this problem, happend to me as well sometime. Nowadays i make it a habit to make everything ready in the evening before leaving, batteries charged, cards formatted, everything IN the bag so when leaving i know i only have to p/u the bag to have everything. Tripod, monopod and such stuff i always leave in the car, so i never have to think about them.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 14 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:5513277]

watcha say?
Olivier Vanbiervliet Olivier Vanbiervliet Post 15 of 102
0 x Thank You
link
I would like comment on this photo:

The O Tree The O Tree Olivier Vanbiervl… 26.04.06 7

I realize that for some people this will be just a tree, I see more in it.
The original photo was of course with much more green of course, this version has dark moody background and focuses more on the tree itself.
Does this work for you? I'm hesitating between this version, and a b/w with just the leaves in golden brown color.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the