In July of 2005, I decided to seriously get into photography as a hobby. It has been one of my aspirations. I would often look at other photo websites, admire their work and wonder if I could do them myself
I started with an complicated point and shoot camera (Canon A95)and for two months, it became my handy accessory. I brought it everywhere I went and I took photos even while I was driving. Taking every imaginable object I can find in the house or on the streets, I have amassed quite a simple gallery that I set up a temporary blog site.
Not even imagining that I would grow into this hobby and that it would absorb me in, by September 2005, I went for an upgrade. With my Canon 350D, I began feeling like a real photographer. And by November 2005, I was going full-blast.
I do not have any formal training. I did not have teachers to guide me through. All I learned, I learned from my peers. I still continue to learn from them and so far, my love affair with photography seems to be an ongoing awe-inspiring experience. I do not hope this to stop.
One year after my first foray into photography...
My first printed work was featured in Digital Photographer Philippines Magazine July 2006 issue. Titled "Manong"
Although I do not have a clear goal of where this hobby will take me and how far, I think I have evolved a definitive style: Cinematic. Now I am not sure where that exactly falls under in Photography or if I better do moving pictures rather than still shots; but I would have to say that with each shot, my vision seems to reflect scenes I've seen from the movies.
You can see my works on the following websites
- Portfolio Site
- Main Gallery
- My Journal
Published (Printed Publication)
* Digital Photographer Philippines Magazine July 2006 (photo only)
* Digital Photographer Philippines Magazine Featured Photographer November 2006
* Illustrado Magazine (Dubai) Featured Photographer January 2007
* I-Mag Magazine September 2007 – Featured Photographer and Contributor (Article and Workflow)
* Picture Perfect , Manila Bulletin – Featured Photographer November 2007
Published (Online Magazine or Publication)
* File Magazine August 2006 & September 2006
* Bending Light Magazine November 2006
* World Pulse Asia Magazine December 2006
* Inquirer.Net January 2007
* Beyond Frames Group Exhibit at OWG December 2006
* Pinoy Photography Organization Group Exhibit February 2007
Featured in the Blogsphere and Internet Community
* Photographer in The World through My Eyes, an online international Photography community
* Featured photo “Father and Son” in Photocamel’s Photo of the Week. PhotoCamel is an international Photography Community
* Blogged in KrisKros
* Chosen Photo of the Month for ClubEOS, a Canon Philippines User Club
* Featured Photo on Blork's Photo of The Week “Dipping”
* Featured article and photo on Getzmo Online "The Crossing"
* Featured Photo twice on Fotodirt.com "Girl with Fishnet" & "Smoke"
* Featured Photo on Photoblogs.Org "Dipping"
* Featured photo twice on Modern Fabuolosity Gallery's Online Best in Show Contest
* Featured photo on Comunidad Tulay, a website on Filipino Adoptions By Spanish Nationals
* Featured in numerous Flickr Photo Groups and its extended blog networks.
* 4th Place FPPF "Hot Air Balloon" Photo Contest February 2007
* Semi-Finalist, National Geographic Contest Nov 2006
* Editor’s Choice - Digital Camera Photographer of the Year 2007 – Portrait, Landscape & Fine Arts
* Semi Finalist FPPF Cityscapes Photo Contest May 2007
Commissioned Work (Non-Stock, by contract and exclusive)
Photographer, selected Special Events (Private and Corporate)
Photographer, selected Printed Marketing Materials (Private and Corporate) some of which include:
* Mocha Blends (Australian Coffee Shop Local Franchise) Menu and Posters September 2006
* Documentation of celebrity homes for Architects/Contractor portfolio
* Globe Telecoms Posters & Flyers October 2006
* ABS-CBN (TV) Posters & Printed Marketing Materials – Lastikman
* Officer – Pinoy Photography Organization (2007)
* Post Processing via Photoshop Workshop Instructor