“To me, photography is an art of observation. It's about finding something interesting in an ordinary place... I've found it has little to do with the things you see and everything to do with the way you see them."
Travel & Destination photographer Felix Hug is based in Singapore. He lives and works throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
He offers under the label Eyes On Asia workshops in Travel Photography in Singapore and the South East Asian Region.
He believes that positive images and compassion will inspire and change the way we look at things. Diversity, beauty and humanity are what impress him the most.
• Official Destination photographer for Silk Air, the regional wing of Singapore Airline
• Universal Resorts, Maldives
• Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts, Singapore
• Lonely Planet Images
@ Asian Geographic: Column writer of "Shutterbug"
@ GEO Germany
@ GEO Saison
@ GEO International
@ National Geographic Traveler (NL)
@ Cosmopolitan Germany
@ Travel & Leisure
@ Conde Nast
@ Destin Asian
@ Australian Traveler
@ PHOTOGRAPHIE (D)
@ Outdoor Photography (GB, USA)
@ AMERICAN PHOTO
and many more
* 1st Prize Winner "Image of The Year", Nature (New York, 2008) AMERICAN PHOTO
* 1st Prize Winner "Travel Photographer of The Year" (London, 2008) Best Image in Portfolio "Call of the Wild"
• 1st Prize Winner "Go Indie" (New York, 2008)
• 1st Prize Winner "New York Photography Awards", Best Editorial Image (2009)
•The Canon Australian Professional Photographer Awards APPA:
Gold Awards (in 2005 & 2006): Included in “Best of Show” (2005)
•The Asian Geographic Nikon Grand Prize (2004).
Felix has held an exhibition In Sydney in 2006 "RED - images from the outback". The Essay was awarded at the IPA 2006 (International Photography Awards)
Some of his images were also exhibited at the London Eye in 2006.
In 2007 he had an exhibition for Bank Julius Baer's VIP guests at the National Museum in Singapore.
Please visit also www.eyesonasia.net for further info on great workshops in Travel Photography.