Canon 350D?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Theresa Iovcheva Theresa Iovcheva Post 1 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
What do you think about it?
And if I want to be able to do macro..like with my Sony 717...what lenses do I need?

thanks
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
You need a macro lense :0)

The 350d looks great - cheap build but superb spec - its almost a plastic 20d ... apart from a few minor differences .. one of them being the slightly slower burst rate ... 4 instead of 5 I believe - but at £799 at the most it is going to set the budget dslr market on fire !!! go to www.dcreview.com for a run down on its features and some sample images ... regards
Paul
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Paul, "D"ream "C"anon review.com? or www.dpreview.com? ;)

Theresa,
I'm no Canonian, but the 350d does look like a good step in the right direction. A lot of camera for not "that" much money.
As for Macro work, there are a multitude of lenses to choose from, spread over several brands too. As Paul said, dpreview.com is a good place to start any digital hunt. They have forums on there dedicated to specific cameras. Beware though, the forums on there are busy, and full of the .. "Mine is biggest, best" brigade. A lot of the posts are very extreme opinions too.
Having warned you, it can be a good place to search for personal experiences with lenses or cameras. Just try and figure out which posters seem genuine and which are just jumping on the bandwagon.

Good luck though,
Regards. Rob.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Ha Ha - yes Rob .. if you cut me down the middle it would read 'Canon' - just like a stick of Blackpool rock .. :0)

Yes i did mean dpreview.com - thanks rob ...
Ascanio Colonna di Paliano Ascanio Colonna di Paliano Post 5 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Well as a photo hobbyist I can say that my 20D, overall, is too much for me.
The 350D has *practically* the same image quality, plus it appears that Canon has limited the power circuit issue that causes banding (linear noise artifacts, usually at higher ISO levels, but not only).

If the 350D were available before Christmas I would have gone for that.

Now that I have taken 2K+ shots I can say that the burst isn't an important factor in everyday photography, you just have to go for image quality and camera versatility.
The new Canon DSLR's are pretty quick to turn on and operate, making them as useful as film cameras.

I must say that I also was impressed by print quality with DIRECT PRINT (FUJI automatic print system at photo lab).
I still have to see what's the best I can get with photo enhancement in photoshop before printing.
Anyway there is virtually no difference between 35mm and the 20D prints, a part from the fact that the 8.2Mpixel sensor deliver far more detail (I use the EF 70-200 f/4 L USM lens, which is a really superb deal - but it doesn't do macro).

Cheers,
Ascanio.
Brady Whealon Brady Whealon Post 6 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I actually just purchased this camera today! I love it so far. There are a lot of people out there that say that it is just a "cheap plastic camera" Yes in comparison to something like the 1D that is out of my budget it does make the 350D look like a cheap bit of plastic.

The kit lens does a pretty good job with macro but if you want a true macro lens i would recomend going for the Canon 100mm 2.8 USM Macro lens. Optically it is an L series lens and the focus is very fast and quiet. You can get away with this for about $400 usd. I little out of my budget at the moment but it is worth the wait. There are a lot of other lenses that have the macro ability but i would start at www.dpreview.com also..
They have a wonderfully helpful forum that i have been a part of for the last 5 months. They can answer any question that you have!!

Thanks for your time,
Brady Whealon
Theresa Iovcheva Theresa Iovcheva Post 7 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks everybody:)
Rosamund Braxton-Cove Rosamund Braxton-Cove Post 8 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I had the 350 for two days. The serial number rubs off. The Lens suffers from chromatic aboration and the code error1 kept appearing, so I swapped it for a 20D instead, far better camera.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 9 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I would suggest you had a bad camera ... I would give another one a go before paying out so much more cash for the virtual same spec ... and the 20d is not without its faults either ... faults that are corrected on the 350d for less money ... the lense is the same as on the other canon's as far as i am aware ... i would certainly have given another one a go ... but its your cash .. glad you are happy with the 20d anyway as it is a top camera ... just a bit expensive now ..
The Yardfather The Yardfather Post 10 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I have an eos 350d for 2 Months - without chromatic aborations, perfect readable serialnumber and no errorcodes. I´ve shot the whole pictures in my account (but not the 1. pic) with this cam and and the Kit-lens 18-55

Bugsy

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/mypics/501291

Post Edited (15:35h)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the