Near East photographers: do they have another mentality?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 1 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
I have just reviewed my buddy list. Damn it, how many Near east photographers there are!!!

Why is it? I see an extraordinary pic, and it very often comes from a photographer, born in Near East.

I just wonder: do they have another mentality another eyes or another hands, that the pictures from European or American photographers do not impress me so much??

I would be grateful if you give me a link to your Near East buddies to compare or to prove my idea.

Challenge The photo was voted to the gallery Challenge Hani Alghayhab 09.11.05 44

My City The photo was voted to the gallery My City Awadh Al Hamzani 16.09.05 67

this guy is my friend The photo was voted to the gallery this guy is my fr… Osama Esid 28.01.05 46

Posing Posing Ber Sim 07.03.05 9

[fc-foto:3496371]

Post Edited (7:24h)
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 2 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
we have skyscrapers, they have desert. we have cars, they have camels. its a different world.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 3 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
I agree with Dennis, suppose we see their pictures differently cause they have different surroundings and different subjects. I'm happy we have and see these differences !
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 4 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
me too!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
Yes - agree with Dennis - the opportunities for photographs are more plentiful in some areas ... I don't see many photography holidays coming to Lincolnshire :0)
When When Post 6 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
It's a different sensibility Vlad. I find there is a lot of depth and understanding of human soul were the Western cultures focus more on materialism.
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 7 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
Well said, Wen. Exactly what I thought to myself
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 8 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
I think what Wen says may be a little bit too sharp trough the bend, as also here in the western countries we have enough people, especially amongst photographers who do have a deeper look into things besides the materialistic look. One may not forget that the scenes shown to us by for instance the middle east photographers are such to which we are not used, therefore they have so much more impact. I think if any of us would be living in that area ourselves, after a while we would look in a different way to these scenes, that's just a matter of getting used to. I was looking at a programme on TV about the richess in the oil-states a few days ago and can then only think who's materialistic ?????
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 9 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
Too Political Ruud. We should not go there.
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 10 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
I think though that it has nothing to do with the place where these photografers live. Many of them live in Europe and America and take European and American pictures. By viewing their photos i remember Omar Hayam 8-))

[fc-foto:4405703]
Deleted user Deleted user Post 11 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
Sorry VD - I have to disagree ... it is also strange that you state it has nothing to do with where they are yet 3 of the 4 images are of scenes from what you describe as 'Near East' ... I certainly agree with much of Ruud's comment ... I don't think any race, colour, sex, age group, or any other 'pigeon hole' we wish to use, are any better at this art than anyone else. Regards, Paul.

Post Edited (2:01h)
Anastasiya Ivanova Anastasiya Ivanova Post 12 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
The reason perhaps is that we sink ourselves in a certain culture (the western culture) too deep and for quite such a long time that makes us feel somewhat nothing special with these photographing works and from which they represent from European or American photographers. One very likely feel newfangled and fresh at the first time looking at these amazing scapes such as deserts, oceans, alien cities or alien people whose he cannot meet at the place where he live.

I think there is no difference about how materialistic the both side are between West and East. The photographing motives and objects are the same... horses, beauties, landscapes, plants, animals...and so on.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 13 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
Yes Ana .. agree
Anastasiya Ivanova Anastasiya Ivanova Post 14 of 14
0 x Thank You
link
Just my clumsy opinion...:)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the