exif in the photo, i can't see them

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
mantra siva mantra siva Post 1 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Hi to all
i'm new

i have a question
i try to make a search , but din't find an answer

is there a way to see the exif in the photos?

i tried people , i tried nature
but can't see the exif , i mean iso speed , aperture , time of shoot

thanks
cheers
Victor Malakhov Victor Malakhov Post 2 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
hi,
do you mean exif-info of your own pictures, or other people, which are uploaded here?
in the first case you can see your image-info simply in the extended properties of your data on PC (right-clicking on the file)
in the second case you can see no exif-info if users do not publish it itself.

bw
VicTor
Maria Mylona Maria Mylona Post 3 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
@Andy,

how did you find the info for Victor's image? Is it something simple to find? Is it in the page source? How?? I am curious now!!!

Maria
MWPhoto MWPhoto   Post 4 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Maria,
The exif data is buried in the jpg file data. If you want to "dig" you can find all of that, as well as the program editing parameters that were used (photoshop in this case, for example the color temp was set to 6150).

Here is one method that works for internet explorer: right click on the picture itself and select "properties". Copy the file name of the actual image and paste that into the browser address and hit "enter". That will take you to the actual image web page (rather than the FC hosting page). You might be able to use the "view source" command here. If that doesn't work just save the picture to your desktop. Now open the picture file with the notepad accessory program. You can see all of the file data - the exif text is contained in there somewhere.

There are probably easier ways also, but this will work on many images taken with newer digital cameras.

Post Edited (16:22)
MWPhoto MWPhoto   Post 5 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
well where's the fun in that? :)
Maria Mylona Maria Mylona Post 6 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you Andy and Mark for your replies to my curiosity!
Victor Malakhov Victor Malakhov Post 7 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
That's why I did join FC - to learn each day something more about the photography... and it works... sometimes at least ;) thank you Andy&Mark

@Mark: I did try your "view source" method, but suddenly was this command not available as I opened the image in it's actual address... for example this one
Deep Red Deep Red Victor Malakhov 05.08.09 8
have has the following address:

http://cdn.fotocommunity.com/Subjects/S ... 064409.jpg
The "view source" command is not available for me now, is it because of my Firefox, or need I a certain plug-in, or what ever?

@Andy I can't find that "save for web and devices" in my PS2, I just found "save for web" associated with Image Ready, but here I can to choose whether I save in GIF and in which colour-resolution, amount of dither, several algorithmen and so on... nothing about saving EXIF...

bw
VicTor

Post Edited (9:21)
Volker aus Wuppertal Volker aus Wuppertal Post 8 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
I am surfing in the web with the newest Firefox and using the Add-on "FxIF". More Information on
http://ted.mielczarek.org/code/mozilla/fxif/
With a click on the right side of the mouse, you will come to the way to the exif-infos, if the fc-member send it with the photo. "save for web" and some old progs will destroy the exifs. Many members don't send the exifs, because it need a bigger size with the upload.
Maybe you can try it at my photos. ;-)
[thought on]
A good way, to get more clicks :-)
[thought off]
You can read lot information in the exifs, but you will missed important information, like distance and situation of the light. There are long and sometimes heavy discussion in the german forum about the sense of exifs.

Regards Volker

[Edited, because I hope my english text is now better]

Post Edited (12:34)
David Stoner David Stoner Post 9 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
I agree i made this comment to a similar photo dept with no luck.
I think it would be very usefull to have the exif information.
of each photo, it is the very basics of any photo display.
David Stoner David Stoner Post 10 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Mantra

I have copied the exif data from one of my photo's (The Waiting bench) and put them in the description part of download details.
I will be using this on all my downloads in future, this may be of help.
David Stoner David Stoner Post 11 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
hi
I am now putting the exif details of my photos I upload
in the description box.
I use Canon utilites ZoomBrowserex 5.7 software
This allows me to copy all the exif details, allowing me
to paste into description.
I think the extra effort is worth it, if this could be put
into the system it would add a lot more interest.
Good luck any problems get back to me.
Dave
EdgarTorres EdgarTorres Post 12 of 12
0 x Thank You
link
Hi, good to know you all. As far as I know, EXIF can be only stored in Jpg in photo files, and we shall use third-party software to detect/find them. And this is a tutorial to add EXIF:
http://www.watermark-software.com/exif-editor.html
Hope all of this helpful. :-)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the