BR-2A Reversing Ring.

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Brad Waldera Brad Waldera Post 1 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
I'm not familiar with what this is, but it sounded interesting.

I saw on a message board somewhere that a guy was using this with his D50 and kit lens to take better Macro shots.

It seems like it was a fairly inexpensive product that actually worked well. If anyone knows anything about this product, or knows a link to where I can find out more information, I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

Brad Waldera.
Simple Bricks. Simple Bricks. Brad Waldera 04.11.05 1
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Brad ... my understanding is that the lense will be put on the body backwards .. and lose all camera-lense functionality to attain macro enlargement of the image ... but happily the digital feedback will give you instant answers. It seems you are throwing yourself into everything photography has to offer you head-first, but in my opinion that is fine ... and certainly an exciting way of enjoying your hobby. Good luck Brad .. Regards, Paul.
Brad Waldera Brad Waldera Post 3 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
I didn't plan on buying this item, I just saw it on a message board once. I went back later and couldn't find it again, so I thought I'd ask here. It sure sounded interesting. How the hell the lens could work backwards, is beyond me. Wierd.

Anyway, it's no big deal, I was just curious. It's not like I'm gonna run out and buy extension tubes, and every other item that's available. But I figured if I want to advance my knowledge of this profession, I BETTER BE AWARE of what is out there. Thanks for the reply, Paul.

Brad Waldera.
Simple Bricks. Simple Bricks. Brad Waldera 04.11.05 1
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Brad,

I just sold such a reverse ring. It was to reverse mount my 50mm lens on the D70. Very tricky to use, lots of trial and error to get good results.
In my opinion a better bet for introduction to macro is a set of closeup filters. I had a set of Hoya +1,+2 and +4 filters for the 50mm lens. All the electronic fuctions of the camera and lens remained intact.
I sold these recently too, as I just wasn't doing any "macro" photography.

Both items are pretty inexpensive, if picked up 2nd hand you can normally re-sell for no loss if you get fed up with them, or move on to a dedicated macro lens.

Regards, Rob.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the