What camera should I buy

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Marcobal Ballette Marcobal Ballette Post 1 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Hello guys.

I need advice on which camera I shoukld by.

1)I need a camera with a good amount of megapixel , because I want print big images in good quality.

2)I ned a good zoom , if it is possible I would like the possibility to change the zoom lenses in future.

3) I need a camera with a wide open angle

4) I need a camera with a fast rate of frame per seconds

5) Image stabilization

6) range price 250 - 450

7) Good quality for the price

Could u please suggest me which camera I should buy among the ones specified by me or others that u know

I read many reviews and sometimes there are cameras with lower prices that are better then others with higher prices

Can u help in chose a camera that doesn't have problems , bugs ??

tx

Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z5 $479

Pentax Optio MX4 $279

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ15 $399

Kodak EasyShare Z740 HP $459

PhotoSmart 945 $379

Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z3 $399

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H1 $499

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ5 $499

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 $529

Konica Minolta DiMAGE Z20 $309

Kodak EasyShare DX 7590 w/docking $469

Kyocera Finecam M410R $359

Olympus CAMEDIA C 765 Ultra Zoom $339

Minolta DiMAGE Z2 $319

Fujifilm FinePix S5100 $309

Pentax Optio MX $249

Kodak EasyShare DX 6490 $359

Fujifilm FinePix E550 $319

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ3 $349

Fujifilm FinePix F810 w/docking $409
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
What you ask for should be a DSLR with interchangeable lenses etc.
For the price you mentione you will not find it very easily.
All the camera's you mention do not have the poss for interchangeable optics.
Marcobal Ballette Marcobal Ballette Post 3 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
ok thanks for the reply.

What about a non interchangeable optics camera ??

Among the one that I specified or others that u know , that have the others carhacteristics that I specifies , what do u suggest ??

tx very much
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Marcobal - if you do not get a dslr you really need to make sure the optics and processing are spot on ... a good zoom lense .. ie the Leica lense that is on the Panasonic FZ20 ... an amzing piece of glass for the price ... huge range and very bright throughout the range also ... the processor also handles the data very well BUT the small sensor (which is sadly the norm. for this type of camera in this price bracket) will result in noise and chromatic abberrations that you would not get as much in a dslr ... the FZ20 was a favourite of mine but time has moved on in the last 6 months and maybe there is something better. I would look at the FZ20 which has all you ask for, at a price in sterling of just over £300 at its cheapest, and then see if anything has come on the market to better it in the last 6 months ... regards, Paul.
Carlo A. Muscat Carlo A. Muscat Post 5 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
I would suggest the Konica minolta Dimage Z5. It's fantastic, and the definition is great. However, the contrast should be set to low (normal if you really need it), sharpness to high and the E.V shouldn't be too high - the first time I tried the camera, I set everything to high thinking I would get fantastic photos, but by experiment and by turning the settings to how I specified, the pics will be much better - it's a bit of a disadvantage but I think the camera is real good quality for price!
Johannes Olsson Johannes Olsson Post 6 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
If you have time to wait, Nikon is dropping the D50 in June 2005. A DSLR that is one stepp under D70.
Samantha Lamb Samantha Lamb Post 7 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
You simply need to save up and buy the new Canon Rebel DSLR.. 8 Megapixel...i own one & it is the light of my day:) it is simply the best
Deleted user Deleted user Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Yes Samantha - if you are talking about the 350d I completely agree ... it may not be the best camera around but it certainly is by FAR the best at that price. Please let me know more of how you feel it is performing - i think the noise levels are one of its accomplishments - being better than its expensive stable mate the 20d. regards, Paul.

Post Edited (0:41h)
Fredrik Sandstrom Fredrik Sandstrom Post 9 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
I also agree about the Canon 350D, it wins almost all the prices in the price range.
I think that you are going to be more satified in the long run even if you have to save a bit longer, you get a camera that you can "grow" with.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the