CF problems

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Tracy Dyer Tracy Dyer Post 1 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I've had my card crash in the middle of taking pictures. I went to take a pic, and the I didn't hear the shutter click. Looked down and my camera is flashing "err 02"
I have tried hooking it up to the card reader, but it only flashes once every 12-15 sec. It's a Dane-elec 512 and a few of the programs I've tried to "rescue" with it blinks for awhile and then stays solid when it looks like it's reading. I'm curious if there is any hope.... or if it would be worth sending off for someone else to try. I know of no one that has personaly tried or have had this problem. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
What does your cam do when you insert anoher card ?
have you tried to format the card (you will lose any pictures on it!!)
You have not by any chance inserted the card while the cam was on?
Tracy Dyer Tracy Dyer Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Another card works just fine. I changed batteries right before starting and was using a fully charged battery and it happened in the middle of taking pictures. I'd taken 366 when it stopped. Never messed with the card while taking them. I can't get it to format.... or photo rescue.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Then it seems to me the card is faulty and i would return it to the seller.
If another card works ok its probably not a camera problem.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
I have had card problems - some cards will run on a lower power supply in your camera - when the battery in your camera is low the card can sometimes corrupt and cause errors ... I am told that cards such as lexar are less likely to have volatile operation at lower power ... I have found that keeping my camera well charged has eradicated this problem ... anyway that is my experience ... if the cards corrupts and causes an error do not continue to operate it by turning the camera off then back on - this will just corrupt more data ... download the images (those that are not corrupted). Charge the camera and see what happens with a well charged camera ... also ensure the camera has finished processing data before you try to perform further functions such as reviewing images too fast etc .. maybe my camera and card are just rubbish though ;0)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the