Welcome :)

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 16 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
Analog photography is one of the most wonderful inventions mankind made! Isn't it interesting to take a photo without to know if it's a good one until its developed?? Ok, normal analog cameras will soon be disappeared, but I think mirror reflex cameras will survive much longer! Nearly everybody can take digital pictures (ok, digital mirror reflex is a little more complicated) but i think only with an anlog mirror reflex camera you can learn the art of taking photos.

Greetings and hopes for a long analog-live!
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 17 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you for very interesting thoughts about analog camera! :)))))))

Post Edited (22:26h)
REGINALD BARRAS REGINALD BARRAS Post 18 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
As a young child i remember talking with my dad about the beginning of T.V. When it first came out everyone said radio, and the movies are dead.I believed it was true. It indeed closed a lot of local movie theaters. And at the same time,many radio stations,were closed down.I knew that T.V. had indeed killed movies and radio.And then a strange thing happened,,movies began to advertise on T.V,so did radio stations..movie theaters grew to new deminisions.12 screens in one location,all showing different movies at the same place. Radio grew in leaps and bounds,,now we have sattelite radios,computer tracking devices in automobiles.The world of technology, and digital devices are in every genere of life. I now can go to the movies,and can pick from 12 different themes.My car has a tracking device so I can listen to my music anywhere i go.I have a digital camera,,with endless possibilities.I photograph my black and white images with a little diggie.for the internet,,lol,,.but are movies dead.?.is radio dead ?,NOOO,!!!,,so film, will survive, and so will black and white photography.
REGINALD BARRAS
REGINALD BARRAS REGINALD BARRAS Post 19 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
i would go to ebay....thats where i buy all my stuff...be sure you know what you are bidding on.and ask seller anything you need to know. you can save a ton of money,,the camera i would use would be a nikonFA,and 28 to 35 manual focus lens..or /and, 75 to 200 lens..the older nikkor lens are cheap on ebay...
reginald
Sjoerd van den berg Sjoerd van den berg Post 20 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
i agree and disagree i am totally digital but with out the fine art of analog i doubt i would be doing what i do. i have prints hanging on my wall and around the net. on canvas and gloss. digital has only extended a medium not replaced it
Matthew Puckett Matthew Puckett Post 21 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
True digitals are quick, and easy. But NO digital can compare to the quality of a good 35mmSLR. Especially with enlargments. NO analog is not dead, and wont be for some time.
Sjoerd van den berg Sjoerd van den berg Post 22 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
mathew what do u call an enlargement?????
i have no problem doin life size enlargements from my sony.
keep enjoying what u do :)
NICOLA DINNIE NICOLA DINNIE Post 23 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
What does it mean when we say "NOT FORMATED"?...
Thomas Duncan Thomas Duncan Post 24 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
i wonder when BETA will make it's comeback. I keep looking for the ads on the VHS movies... ~:^)

Digital can make one lazy, by replacing the work of composing and working with light, with volumes of pictures. It has been very difficult to keep this in mind when the medium is so renewable.

When using a 35mm, it is an incredible challenge to keep focused on the minutiae as one is not able to 'preview and review' then reshoot the sub-par pictures. Action photograpy is one area where I find the field to be leveled a bit.

My favorite artist's use both.

just my $.02 worth.

~t
Sjoerd van den berg Sjoerd van den berg Post 25 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
thomas,
try to get hold of a sony 828 or a cannon 10d or 300d u will find that they have review problems just as a analogue in the sense that a shot is there for but an instant the world is for ever moving nothing is static.what digital dose give u is more scope in the sense the format u use is to what your experience is from jpg to raw. so i say again digital is but an extention of analog
Thomas Duncan Thomas Duncan Post 26 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
I once took a roll of 35 using my Canon FT/QL (long time ago) and after my 20 shots or so, noticed that the leader had not caught (rookie error) and I lost some incredible pictures (motorcycle race).
Would have never happened with my Fuji.. but a lot of my pics would have been half out of the screen, because like a shotgun, with a digital you have to keep swinging due to the slight delay between press and capture...
I would love to get my hands on a 10D or even the new 20!
Agree to that the digital opens up many more possibilities and that as and extension of the old technologies makes for a better arsenal.
One day though, there will be kids, who will not remember life w/o digital or even know how to load a roll of 35mm film.

~:^)
Sjoerd van den berg Sjoerd van den berg Post 27 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
u are right , now how many people can load a kodak box camera like that wich i grew up with in the sixties. life goes forward. all good i believe.:)))
Gianfranco R. Gianfranco R. Post 28 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
I' happy to be a new FC member
I appreciate the possibility to write in english too
Ed Francis Ed Francis Post 29 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
I've been shooting analog for years and years and years! One of the best things my parents did for me was allow me to set up a darkroom at home as a teenager (more than 30 years ago - ouch!). I took thousands of photos with my precious Minolta SR-1, later with a few Prakticas (don't knock the Zeiss optics!) and more "recently" with my Olympus OM cameras. The point of this ramble is that so many of these photos have survived. I was always documenting social events throughout my teen years. We only grow up once - but we do it day by day, still... - It's just so much fun opening a trunk full of photos and sharing them with the subjects 2 to 3 decades later. I fear the coming generation will miss this. How many digital image captures reach the print stage? The current generation displays their 'slices of life' on their monitors. Great! But how many images are printed? How many will survive the next hard disc failure? The next 'fad' in data storage? How long will CD's be with us in their current form? Can anyone really see these being useful on machines made in 30 years from now? Even now I'm thinking hard about retrieving movies of my family shot on analog videotape - the camera has broken down, and buying a 'new-old' video camera to retrieve the memories is ... well... expensive. I guess I'm encouraging the use of lasting media to preserve our visions of life. Long live analog!

Afer all that, I confess to carrying a very basic 2 megapixel digital with me whereever I go. Why? It's a great notebook to share ideas and with friends over the internet. What joy to see your children's children minutes after they're born in a different hemisphere. My digital notebook was very cheap, extremely light an portable, and gives me the opportunity to document places to return to with my film and tripod.

Blimey! What a rant! Sorry to go on so long!

Cheers,
Ed
Nikki Tarigan Nikki Tarigan Post 30 of 48
0 x Thank You
link
Analog is really good...especially the feel that we feel when we waiting for the picture. But i think its have the bad side too... In crucial moment we have to able operate it in expert level. I have lot of bad experience..but i believe its the learning process......otherwise its more expensive to transform picture from digital camera. Hmmmmm but i dont say that digital is worse cause i believe new stuff has create to complete the lack of older stuff.

I really want to expertise my self on analog photography...cause i think people who have expert skill on analog can operate digital camera in the most right function. GBU all guys........
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the