Converting Nikon NEF

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Mark Johnston Mark Johnston Post 1 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
I'm a little unsure of how convert the RAW files from my new D200 for use in Photoshop, (which currently won't recognize them). Picture Project came with the camera but still does not let me work on RAW. I did download Nikon Capture but now the trial period is up I dont want to give more money to Nikon just to work on my pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Mark
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
There are several solutions to this problem, depending on your PS version.
If you have CS2 just go to adobe and download the latest updates, there should be a plugin for D200 NEF.

Other possibility would be to use another raw converter, such as Pixmantecs Rawshooter essentials, which is very good and free ! you can download it from here: http://www.pixmantec.com/products/rawsh ... ntials.asp

Just let me know if you have any further problems !
Mark Johnston Mark Johnston Post 3 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks Ruud, the rawshooter essentials works great! All I need now is a faster computer to handle the RAW files!!! :)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 4 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Ah, you're learning allready, from one buy comes another one ! 8-))
Mark Johnston Mark Johnston Post 5 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
lol, seriously. But I think theres three lenses that will come first that will cut me down $3000 first!
KasiaDesign KasiaDesign   Post 6 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
Mark, after saving for a while I just bought myself a new lense. Then came the polarisation filter, the Cokin adapter and and and...:-) Have fun with your D200:-)
Ruud, thanks for the download tip for CS (I should have thought of that one myself!)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the