Monthly Theme- January 2013 – “My 3 best images of 2012”

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 1 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Monthly Theme- January 2013 – “My 3 best images of 2012”

At the beginning of the month I will post a photo topic for the month. Anyone interested in participating can post an image in the thread to show how you depict the topic.

This month’s theme will be “My 3 best images for 2012” Looking back on 2012 show us which 3 images you took in 2012 that you consider to be your best. Did it get a star? A lot of clicks? It doesn’t matter if it was your most popular images or if it was relatively overlooked by the FC community it is the three images that you liked best.

***No nudes***

( Download the image to your FC account and post the link to the image in this thread ).

There are no prizes for the monthly theme just the fun and satisfaction of participating.

How to upload an image into the forum;
http://www.fotocommunity.com/info/How_d ... omments%3F

Sax in the Street Sax in the Street Ken Piros 01.04.12 15

Cooling off The photo was voted to the gallery Cooling off Ken Piros 24.05.12 72

Golden Eye Golden Eye Ken Piros 03.10.12 9

Wishing everyone a Blessed New Year !

Photography Quote of the Month:

The problem lies in this pervasive need to seek the approval of as many people as possible in order to justify whether you are a photographer, and worse, whether you are even a good photographer. For many of us, the quality of an image has been relegated to the response rate and engagement percentage of a post you made on your social media outlet of choice. Good, honest, quality feedback has been supplanted by mindless Likes and +1s. Our entire scale of artistic growth has been commoditized whereas the clear voices of a small group of mentors and trusted friends have been replaced by a cacophony of fleeting words and phrases left as comments.
The culmination of investing your emotions and tying your growth to all of these things can be terribly destructive and stifling for those photographers out there who are doubtful of themselves and not sure whether they feel like they can contribute anything meaningful to the world with their work. All of this static may serve to turn someone away, making them gun-shy to share their work or even pick up a camera in the first place. Photography is only what you make it out to be for yourself.
There is one lesson I’m hoping you take away from this: true growth in photography, or in any craft or vocation, requires confidence in yourself and confidence in your ability to dust yourself off when you do fail, because you will. It also means that you have confidence to weed out the static and confidence to pursue meaningful growth from those you trust and who will give feedback that is both constructive and supportive and not laced with anything else.
If there is one concept that I am vehemently passionate about, it is sharing of work. I share my work because I believe that is how I infuse the last piece of soul into my image. I also share the anecdotes and technical details surrounding the creation of my images because I absolutely love teaching my techniques and giving away the farm. I don’t share to get comments, stars or Likes. They are most certainly appreciated but please understand that they aren’t any sorts of driving forces for me. I share because I am a photographer and sharing is the elementary outcome of being a photographer. – Brian Matiash
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 2 of 9
1 x Thank You
link
A Beautiful Day in Dugort A Beautiful Day i… Robert Riley 13.03.12 14

Sunrise in St. Kitts Sunrise in St. Ki… Robert Riley 01.12.12 17

Niamh Martha Niamh Martha Robert Riley 27.08.12 4
Adele D. Oliver Adele D. Oliver   Post 3 of 9
2 x Thank You
link
difficult to choose from over 300 photos, but here are three and not necessarily my favourites in the order as shown:

While His Guitar Gently Weeps While His Guitar… Adele D. Oliver 12.02.12 45

Vancouver Public Library - under the Arcades Vancouver Public… Adele D. Oliver 01.04.12 42

Alpine Reflections Alpine Reflection… Adele D. Oliver 21.05.12 65
Sanja Kukor Sanja Kukor Post 4 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
river Krka river Krka Sanja Kukor 07.06.12 54

National park Plitvice Lakes (2) National park Pli… Sanja Kukor 22.07.12 60

River Kupa flooded land River Kupa floode… Sanja Kukor 06.08.12 22
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:28003976]

maybe my best of the year, but certainly one of my favorites... john
Deleted user Deleted user Post 6 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
2 more favorites of 2012

[fc-foto:28680984][fc-foto:28966971]
Claire L. Claire L. Post 7 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:27168468][fc-foto:27224015][fc-foto:27280812]
Ernst Seifert Ernst Seifert Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
typisch November typisch November Ernst Seifert 27.11.12 49

[fc-foto:28960197]

Ebbe Ebbe Ernst Seifert 29.05.12 38
leolund leolund Post 9 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
closed closed leolund 21.09.12 1

Sougia window Sougia window leolund 19.09.12 0

Sougia backstreet Sougia backstreet leolund 19.09.12 0
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the