Comments

<12>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 16 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
Me either. In photography terms, I'm a hack !!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 17 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
Excellent thread. I just read the lot from start to end.
Some vital points raised.. and lowered.
To be blunt, personal and rather to-the-point. There is a lot of Sh*te posted into the channels. Mostly the freebie users looking for a place to vent their "art". I think many regular users wait a while before starting to comment on newcomers work to see if they're serious about what they're doing.
It's just a feeling I have.
Personally, I'd like to be able to be more negative about some aspects of work I see here. However I really think that any negative comment should be backed and balanced with something positive. Not always easy and often a reason that I'll let an image stew for a while. I'll often view an image several times before commenting.
I also have those off days that I'd better not comment on anything. It'll be either superficial or very hard.
I'm still learning too, learning what I like to see, what I like to capture. It's all very personal, one man's rubbish is another man's gold.
Keep up the good work, guys and gals.

Rob.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 18 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
Its very important with your first upload not to get discouraged if you dont get comments right away. Just remember that an enormous amount of pictures are being uploaded every day, and where i try to look as much as i can i regulary find that i have missed certain photo's. If you are with us for a while you will after some time find that in every channel there are some users very active and in that way you see the same names coming by time after time. By simply getting involved with these users and saying something about their photo's, or asking something you will get noticed and automatically you will attract people to your work. Once you get into such a circle you will come along fine. Just look for some users making work that you like, make 'm your buddy, follow them and give comments. You will be commented sooner or later.
Stu Good Stu Good Post 19 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks Ruud, that's good advice I have now 'buddied up' with a few people.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 20 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
hey, who wants to be my buddy !!! ;)

Ruud's right.. You'll start to follow and be followed.
It's good to follow the development of people's work too.

Rob.
Stu Good Stu Good Post 21 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
Rob you have been buddied. ;-)
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 22 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
Godammit !! What if you see yourself as a loner ?
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 23 of 23
0 x Thank You
link
Whats a world w/out loners, Hermits and what ever more one can think of ?
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the