Anyone want to take pics of Zentai in London, UK?

<123>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Mortice Mortice Post 1 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Hi all, my friends and are into wearing Zentai suits (head to toe full body suits in colourful fabrics) in public places, usually in London. It's kind of like performance art, but without the performance.

Sounds a bit strange? It sure is! But it's harmless, take a look at our website:
http://thezentaiproject.org/

The main reason for doing it is seeing the reactions on innocent tourists when they turn around to find what they least expect :)

The reason for this posting is, since you're all keen photographers, would any of you like to join us and take pics of our antics?

The details are rather open... it would be in about a month on a weekend, probably somewhere in London with plenty of tourists and interesting things to see - we've had some success with walking around places like the Natural History Museum.

See the site to see the sort of pics we usually get, but I'm sure with your artistic eyes we could get some more interesting pics done.

All we would ask is that we get to post the pics on our website - you would retain copyright and can watermark your pics if you like.

So anyone up for it? Please post here or mail me directly (mortice@mortice.org) for more information.

Post Edited (22:21h)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Well this certainly looks as something extremely interesting.
Unfortunately London is a bit too far from me.

If you ever intend to do something like this in Amsterdam, make sure to contact me !! Then i'll gladly be there !!
Peter I. Peter I. Post 3 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Hello at all,

I´m Peter from Germany, one of the guys, who participated some of the walkabouts Mortice advertised here.
I guided him only a few hours ago to the community, so please don´t be upset, that he didn´t publish any pictures yet. Of course I´ll ask him to complete his profile.

Replying to Ruud I´m curios about the law initiated last year by Mrs. Verdonk, which restricts people to walk around hiding their faces. Although this law was intended to work against the few muslim women wearing the Niqab (face veil), it may be done against anybody wearing masks in public (for example bikers, construction workers and others). It would be very nice to keep us informed, because I´m really interested to walk around as Your model in Amsterdam (TfP - Time for Pictures), as I did in Frankfurt too:

[fc-foto:8519514]

[fc-foto:8520799]

The next Spiderman? The next Spiderma… Jens Kornfield 07.04.07 10

But of course we aren´t interested to organize any trouble for You.

Thanks,
Peter

Post Edited (23:10h)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 4 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Well Peter, i dont think there's anything there to worry about, as far as i know there has been a lot of talking at the time about this law, but as politicians usually do, they talk a lot but do little, to my information the law never passed, and when walking around in Amsterdam i still see lots of Mime-statues using masks etc as well, without being hindered.

Just let me know your plans !! 8-))
Hermann Klecker Hermann Klecker   Post 5 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Andi is perfectly right.

We are going to meet in London for an informal user meeting on the weekend of June 16th.

See
http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/calendar/display/7851

I am pretty sure that we find some time.

Peter, thanks for letting us know.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 6 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
looks fun. I had a google on this Zentai stuff too.

What really stands out and totally spoils the illusion... the shoes in all these shots. :(

Great outfits, great idea, then normal shoes?
When When Post 7 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Can't wait to see these pictures. ; )
Peter I. Peter I. Post 8 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Rob Mitchell wrote:

Quote:looks fun. I had a google on this Zentai stuff too.

What really stands out and totally spoils the illusion... the
shoes in all these shots. :(

You´re right. The day was very cold and I didn´t want to terminate the session after a few minutes getting catched cold. The suits are hiding nudity against vision, but don´t warm up anyhow.

Peter
Mortice Mortice Post 9 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Rob Mitchell wrote:

Quote:looks fun. I had a google on this Zentai stuff too.

What really stands out and totally spoils the illusion... the
shoes in all these shots. :(

Yes, that's a comment from the eye of a photographer! Good to hear :)

If we're out in public, then footwear it always a problem... guess it's fine if we're posing for a particular shot, but not much choice when we're ambling around surprising people.

I hope that you guys would be able to spot what would make for really good interesting posed pics, then we can take shoes off and do it.

While on the subject... some suits have eyeholes, some mouthholes and some have none. I think there are examples of each on the site. I would imagine that the suits with no holes would look most strange, and therefore best for pics, but what do you think?
Peter I. Peter I. Post 10 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud van der Lubben wrote:
Quote:
but as politicians usually do, they talk a lot but do little,

Thinking about the silliness the politicians usually going to present, even this little is often to much.

Peter
Peter I. Peter I. Post 11 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Mortice wrote:
Quote:
While on the subject... some suits have eyeholes, some
mouthholes and some have none. I think there are examples of
each on the site. I would imagine that the suits with no holes
would look most strange, and therefore best for pics, but what
do you think?

Anyway - a Zentai shouldn´t have holes at all:

[fc-foto:7007131]

Peter

Post Edited (21:49h)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 12 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Personally when shooting such event i would concentrate on the bystanders reactions, think thats probably the most fun ! 8-))
Kombizz Kashani Kombizz Kashani Post 13 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Wish could make it, unfortunately the distance is little bit too far at the moment. Love to see these pictures.
Mortice Mortice Post 14 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud van der Lubben wrote:

Quote:Personally when shooting such event i would concentrate on the
bystanders reactions, think thats probably the most fun ! 8-))

Yes exactly - I think the best pics involve a surprise reaction from a member of the public as well as keeping the zentia in shot - I guess it's just luck to be in the right place to get those shots.

And for pics like that, footwear would be essential :(
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 15 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Not just luck 8-))) experience and the ability to foresee how situations will develop are equally important !! 8-))
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the