The importance of having a good camera.

<1 ... 34567>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Tony (Anthony) Rowell Tony (Anthony) Rowell Post 76 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
For sharpening i use photocleaner pro from www.photocleaner.com it costs only £19 and you can sharpen in stages you can do many thing with this program even frames at different colours and thickness also a name on your picture i give this program 100% cheers.Anthony.
JONTHELENS JONTHELENS Post 77 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
I would say it is more important to buy high end lenses, thats where you will find the quality of an image happens not the camera body.
av368 av368 Post 78 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
I totaly agree with Jonthelens.
John Sampson John Sampson Post 79 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
It doesn't matter what equipment you use. If you have no eye for an image, if you do not understand the principles of photography, spending any kind of money is a waste.
When I teach photography I get my students to make their own pinhole cameras. That way they understand how photography works. They learn to process in a darkroom and when they move on to bigger and better things like digital and expensive equipment, they generally have a sound knowledge of what is expected of them.
A better, more expensive camera won't make you a better photographer. The analogy about a 1st class seat in a 747 is not appropriate advice. It merely means you have more money than sense or knowhow.
ejensen ejensen Post 80 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
To quote from one of my favourite homapages (for inspiration):

"Owning professional equipment does not automatically make you a good photographer" C.Tybjerg-Nikon ambassador

Check it out if you are a beginner.. a good free online school of photography and some good advice on Nikon equipment..

:)
Tsan Tsan Post 81 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
hi everyone im new here ...

im writing from nigeria...and i want to start a good photo studio...

i do not have any ideas on wht are some of the good cameras and lenses to use
also with good printers tht can print different sizes of pictures,aslo with passport.....

i need ideas and were to get them. ASAP.

THKS TO U ALL
Art X Art X Post 82 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
In the hands of a good photographer, any camera is capable of taking good shots. In the hands of a good photographer a very good camera allows for their talent to be showcased. i think the importance of a good camera lies in the amount of post processing work you plan on doing. For example, when you edit a photo you begin to degrade that image and so the more mega pixels you have to play with the more editing you can do without destroying the image completely. That said, if you are good at your craft then less editing work would be necessary:)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 83 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
Camera is important but as most people said the most important thing is your vision, what you want to represent...
by going thru a learning curve, you will find out your limitation (thechnicaly speaking ) and will adjust accordingly...

One thing that comes second is the lens...the camera are pretty much the same but the lens make a big difference
I would prefer to use my old 10D with a high end L lens than a 1DIV with a crappy lens...

Lens are important as they will capture what you want to get...but having a good camera is definitely a plus...if you want FF, you don't have much choices specially if you plan to do large printouts...but again the lens is very important too
Stephanus Le Roux Stephanus Le Roux Post 84 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
If you want to deliver consistent good results you need the best equipment you can afford. A chain is as weak or strong as its weakest link. To improve your skills you have to work on all the aspects of your work. It does not help to produce stunning work on inferior equipment, you are just wasting your time. its like a doing famous art on a serviette, whats the point.
perdosign perdosign Post 85 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
you want to see my works interesting,,,,
visit my blog ....

http://perdosign.wordpress.com/

you would love to see ....

Thank you for visiting ...
perdosign perdosign Post 86 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
I want to find articles about photography, but do not know what to look for where. Is there anyone who can give me some advice about building a portfolio and the plan of my articles?
http://perdosign.wordpress.com/
sanya s. sanya s. Post 87 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
well it depends alot!!
i very young-ten years old- and i started out witha small canon camera i got for christmas. now my parents got a pro camera and they let me take the pics because im so good. i would say small camras are good for biginers there quality is well so-so. the pro cameras give u so much more optians thaen the small ons and more detail too.
Sam Mi Sam Mi Post 88 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
Both are important, the highest realm of man-machine combination.
ankefyamj ankefyamj Post 89 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
I would say a good lens ,if you use a canon the L series lens plus a good eye for a shot!i would say if you are thinking of upgading the camera dont bother, but up grade the lens instead then you will see the differance in the photo.
Bamsi Bamsi Post 90 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
What would you prefer: to fly to Australia with a plane from the times of I. World War or with Boing 747 having a 1 klass seat? Surely, the first variant has its own wondeful nice capabilities, too, but...
I recently upgraded from Nikon Coolpix 2100 to Olympus C-8080. It has no sense to compare.

getting to gatwick airport
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the