S. Domingos Church 2
Built 1241 was once the largest Church in Lisbon. Known for the Royal weddings and home of the Inquisition.
Almost completely destroyed in Lisbon's 1755 earthquake. Rebuilded, but 1959 devasted by a fire that completely gutted the Church destroying many important pieces of religious Art.
Reopened 1994, as a warning, maintained many of the signs of the fire, in place.