Lenses for Nikon D50.

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Brad Waldera Brad Waldera Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
After doing extensive research I've determined that for me, the Nikon D50 is the best camera available in it's price range. The next step, is to determine which lens, or lenses, I need to know about.

I was also looking at the Canon Rebel XT, aka as the EOS-350D, but I don't think I'd be able to get used to the feel of it nearly as fast as the D50. I own a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 now, and the plastic feel of the Canon has sort of ruled that camera out.

Anyway, I like the 12x Optical zoom that my Lumix has, but I am also beginning to get into doing more Macro work. I suppose their isn't a lens available that would be able to do both functions, but I don't know. I have heard some good comments about a Sigma 18-125 lens that sells for around $250.00, but I don't even know if that would fit on the D50.

I'd really appreciate if someone could share some lens knowledge with me, or point me in the right direction of a good website. Thanks a lot, everybody. Good shooting to all.

Brad Waldera.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Brad, Sigma is one of the lenses that can be bought for several different cameras i would advise to get lenses with not too large range in mm's. the higher the range the more they cost especially when you want to have good quality. I myself work with Nikon 18-70mm 4,5 zoom and a Sigma 70-300mm zoom and they perform pretty well.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Brad - look for the EX range in the Sigma or Sigmas lenses that carry the APO letters ... reasonable prices for great glass ...
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the