irony - feedback appreciated

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Jim Lacey Jim Lacey Post 1 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
im working on a project titled the irony of summer basically i want to produce a group of images that clearly document the irony of summer, im not sure if its best to stick to one or two themes or explore more themes
ive got a range of ideas but i need more structure
im keen to explore weather for instance a rainy day with dark cloud on a beach and the the reflection of summer in a puddle
i also want to explore the fact that people have to work in the heat (labourers) and summer isnt just having fun in the sun

ive also got ideas im playing around with such as dying flowers, or collapsed trees in the middle of summer, sun bathing on a rainy day, injured summer sports people

what do you think of these ideas. can anyone suggest more ideas or something that will give me more structure or/and direction or even suggest research

any help is much appriciated.

thanks

Jim
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
It's always good to put yourself to work towards a certain goal, the subject can be whatever your feel is in your interest. I've done this with the subject windturbines, and then specifically in the area where i live. It gives you a lead and a direction to go. It also forces you to find new techniques in order to express that what you want to show, and therefore this can be very rewarding and you can learn a lot of it.

Just have a look at the project:

http://www.polderfotografie.nl/Windmole ... voland.htm

Post Edited (18:48h)
Anastasiya Ivanova Anastasiya Ivanova Post 3 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Sounds pretty good, and I think you have already found the clues for the subject.
dying followers or collapsed trees are not very suitable I feel, unless their fallings are directly due to effects of summer and which can be clearly represented.
Don't forget to inform people here whilst your creations are done! :)
Jim Lacey Jim Lacey Post 4 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
thanks for the feedback it's been helpful ive decided to concentrate on 2 themes which are work acting as irony showing that summer isnt just about having fun in the sun and also working on weather showing that summer isnt always what we expect it to be by showing bad weather on beach resorts gloomy clouds. flowers of summer reflected in wet puddles.

my problem is lack of ideas for both working in the sun and weather irony so would appriciate it if someone could suggest something that may help me get over this block

thanks
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 5 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Actually your more or less answering your own question, you mention contrast between summer, sun beach and rain, so on the first day in summer when its raining just go to the beach and see what you come across, keep your eyes open and use your imagination.

I'm looking forward to the results !
Jim Lacey Jim Lacey Post 6 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
thanks again
its started coming to me in dreams i think! i want to try and explore more symbolism like photographing a glowing candle shown melting something (possibly metal) basically this shows how we look forward to summer and when it comes around often its too hot to actually go outside, hope it fits in with the other weather irony

should be shooting on transparency and will post from prints as soon as i start making some progress :)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Jim - good luck with your mission - I am doing the exact same thing and will be interested to see what you come up with ... regards, Paul.
Jim Lacey Jim Lacey Post 8 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
thats quite interesting. what made you want to choose the same theme? its good toknow someone else is doing the same kind of work

whats your photo history if you dont mind me asking?
Detlef Klahm Detlef Klahm Post 9 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
anything that get you thinking ...
..this sounds like a good subject to work on!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 10 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Will QM you with a reply Jim.
Luke Johnson Luke Johnson Post 11 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Im looking foward to seeing the results!
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the