Nikon D50 vs Nikon D80

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Vitalijus Vitalijus Post 1 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Hello Guys,

Well at first Id like to say that I am not a proffesional photographer, its just a hobby for me. The hobby that I enjoy a lot. My first camera that I still have is D50; I use it I think for 3 years already. Today I accidentaly went to one of the online shops and saw that D80 has a reasonable price to change my D50. My question is if it is worth to do? Both cameras are quite old, but in my opinion D80 is much better. The biggest advantage for me - on D80 min ISO is 100 (compared to D50). I need some info on technical side. Thanks in advance!

Vitalijus
Hampus Mattsson Hampus Mattsson Post 2 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Hey!

I started out with D50 as well, I've been using the D300 for 9 months now though. My brother has a D80. The D80 is a huge step up from D50, but I wouldn't buy one. Dependeing on your economy, I'd wait until the release of a D90, or buy a used D200. A used D200 costs approximately the same as a new D80, but it's a step up.
Vitalijus Vitalijus Post 3 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
Well D200 could be another option. Could you or someone else give me some facts lets say about D50 and D80 or D200. Why the last ones are better than D50, be specific please. I know that D200 has better secured body, D80 and D200 ISO starts at 100... I know nothing about CCD sensors, how are they different? What are other advantages of D200 (or D80)? Thanks for clearing these things out.
Luc Grollie Luc Grollie Post 4 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
have both D50 and D80
D80 has larger display at the back and is easier to use when you want to check your pics on details.
pics from D50 are +- 4 to 5 mb in raw, the D80 gives you pics round 9 to 10mb in raw.
the D80 also gives you the change to work on your pics when still in the camera....
greetz,
Hampus Mattsson Hampus Mattsson Post 5 of 5
0 x Thank You
link
You really shoud compare specs for this one, as there are a lot, LOT of differencies. Check out www.dpreview.com

Just off the top of my head, the D80 and D200 can remotely control off camera flashes. D80 and D200 have grids in the viewfinder, they have more focus points (most on D200). Especially on the D200, everything is more accessible with buttons and dials i.e. you don't need to mess with menues to change the most basic settings. Thh D200 has a 5 fps framerate. You can use battery grips with D80 and D200. These are just a few things, check out the specs on the web.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the