NIKON D300 issue

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
peeweekiwi peeweekiwi Post 1 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I am not a skilled photographer, and the images I take are a means to a different end completely.

I bought a Nikon D300 for a particular project, and it is absolutely brilliant in its versatility. I love working with it, however , it is three weeks old, and the 'live view' function has ceased working.
I have tried a 'two button reset' which doesn't affect the problem. Is there a 'master reset' that could cycle the camera O/S and hopefully restore this function?
In every other regard, I find this camera a total delight.

I do not want to send this away for a warranty claim, as I suspect I will never see it again. It was a 'grey import' , with a photocopied manual, and software in Japanese.
Ozie Mitchell III Ozie Mitchell III Post 2 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Was your camera purchased online, or from a "brick and mortar" dealer ? Did the seller provide any sort of warranty ? I know that Nikon will not repair "grey market".

Ozie
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 3 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
"It was a 'grey import' , with a photocopied manual, and software in Japanese." ???????????????

And with an unprofiled account here ?

I'm affraid you're on your own here.
That's what i call asking for it.
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 4 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
And no photos?????

Oh FC seems to be a nice site, lets see if they can help me with my little problem!!!!!!

You took your chance and you lost!

Post Edited (7:55h)
peeweekiwi peeweekiwi Post 5 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Yes, well, it was purchased online, over 900 NZD cheaper than the retailers.

I only found out today that I have a profile to fill out, so i will get around to it.

As it turns out, Live View is working with my fixed aperture lense, but not with at least one of my AF DX lenses.

Also, the local agent for Nikon has a reputation of total incompetence, so the way I figured it, i had nothing to lose.

Next year we will drop off the bottom of the OECD and become a third-world backwater completely.

P.S. RR :- that's right! If you want water, go to the well.

Another time, another place, and you may need me ..........

Post Edited (9:28h)
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 6 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
We dont even know who, what or where you are!!!
peeweekiwi peeweekiwi Post 7 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Well, I've done my bit with respect to the profile stuff. Most of my problem is solved. I'd say thanks for the warm and hospitable welcome, too, but that would be inappropriate.

Now you are in possession of the facts, maybe, just maybe you will see it from my perspective.

I still have many other technical issues to solve, but the problems seem to be lack of industry maturity with respect to what I'm doing. Some of the 'fixes' are still in development.
Two books on HDRI ordered from Amazon today
Tor-Henrik Furmyr Tor-Henrik Furmyr   Post 8 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Don't know if this only applies for Norway, but the importer here in Norway acknowledges Nikons world warranty for at least a year after purchase.
When i put my self-imported 70-300Vr in for servide, there was never a word of anything about payment or any question whether it was a waranty issue or not, and i got top service...

totto
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the