Digital Question?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 16 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Totally agree with, Ruud.

I highly rate PSP and its a cinch to use.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 17 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
After having used a cracked version for a long time ( shame on me ) i finally decided today to buy the official PSP 9.0 NL
Somehow i now feel a lot happier working with it 8-))
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 18 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Oh !!

Maybe I should follow in your saintly footsteps. I'm still using a cracked version.
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 19 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
(shaking my head) ts ts ts ts ts....
Haven't you heard about try-outs...?
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 20 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
tsk, tsk, tsk, tsk....
Haven't you heard of poverty ? ;-)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 21 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Hey guys, dont shake your heads too much, they might go loose and roll off !!! 8-)))))))))
Steve Mcleod Steve Mcleod Post 22 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud, Yes I have used PSP 7 (real copy from shop) for years and think its great and easy to use. Also downloaded PSP 9 trial (60 day) to try it out. But I have found that converting the RAW files to TIFF is more controlable in PS Elements with many more options. But I'm still trying both out together. Still got 25 days to choose.
Jenny Matthews Jenny Matthews Post 23 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
I have a question about Photoshop. How do I go about taking a color photo and making it black and white, leaving only one part of it in color? For example, a shirt or the eyes of someone. I'm so confused!
Luca Senatore Luca Senatore Post 24 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Jenny, you can use the magic wand tool, use it on an area you dont want in black and white and then cut that area into a layer and then just use the backround layer to convert it into balck and white. its really the easyest way to do it.
Sharen Walls Sharen Walls Post 25 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
I have a much easier way Jenny,
First you want to copy your original layer. (background). Just drag it to your copy box on your layers pallette. Your top layer should already be highlighted.(copied layer) You will hit ctrl, shift, U on the key board. By doing this it will turn your top layer black and white. Then just hit "E" on the keyboard. This will highlight your eraser tool. You can now begin to erase the top layer revealing the bottom layer. Ultimately creating a dualtone image. Be sure you save it as a jpg or tiff. If not then your layers will move on you. Because it is a psd. Hope this works for you.
MWPhoto MWPhoto   Post 26 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Wow. I hadn't realized how badly the .jpg file compressed the data! Thanks, Danny, for reminding me about the .tiff format; and thanks, Sharen, for asking the question to start this thread. Clearly optimizing for computer monitor is very different from optimizing for print.

I am a new member (...hello :)...), and I have learned more here in the past three weeks than on my own in the past three years.
Sharen Walls Sharen Walls Post 27 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Your welcome Mark. I have alot of questions concerning the whole RAW format thing. I haven't tried it yet, and i know im missing out on some great images.
Soon. Soon.
Bob Porter Bob Porter Post 28 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
This is great info thanks. When I switched my Canon XT to take raw pics and used the canon download utility it created two pic files for each image. One was a .CR2 and the other a .JPG
I tried following this canon readme but the zoombrowswer says it can't edit raw files

To run RAW Image Task, first select a RAW Image Thumbnail in
ZoomBrowser EX, and then select [Process RAW Images...] under
[Edit] from [Task Area]. You cannot run RAW Image Task
alone.

Photoshop can't open a .CR2 file. Is there a different Canon raw converter that is mentioned in this forum?
Deleted user Deleted user Post 29 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
elements 3.0 can utilise RAW format as well .. and I am sure it is a freebie with many things now - or soon will be.
Richard Chelstowski Richard Chelstowski Post 30 of 36
0 x Thank You
link
Some of you mentioned PSP Pro 9 but nobody PSP Pro X. This is the latest version of PSP created by Corel.
I used it for some time and have mix feeling.
Some of the options there are easier too use but I feel I missed other good features of PSP 9.
Ruud did you tried PSP Pro X?
What is your opinion?

Also I like Rawshooter essential (proffesional in my opinion is not worth the money) to process RAW pictures. I wish I could have such a easy control within PSP/PS.

As for Photoshop my opinion is that it is highly overpriced.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the