Projects Please

<12>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Elaine Liebenbaum Elaine Liebenbaum Post 1 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Hi I was wondering if you people would be interested in suggesting a project.
The idea behind this site is to get the users involved in making this a more interesting place.
http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/pc/cat/4450
this is the link to where you find another link to "suggest a new section".
Once you propose a project then that will be voted in by the administrators.
If that doesnt work then put your ideas in here and I'll try and help you through.

thanks
elaine
When When Post 2 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Elaine? Are you just talking about subjects for the contests or other types of projects like community endevors?

One I always liked is called "Telegraph". The first photographer gives a picture to the next in line. From this picture the next photographer draws off a concept, subject, color, shapes, - whatever and develops a photograph from the perceptions of the first photographer - it then goes down the line until you get to the last photographer. It's a very good way to share a groups varied ideas, and learn how to appreciate different styles. When it's done you display them in order.

Another take on this is to have one photographer hand over a picture, and from that picture the next photographer tells part of a story ( a few sentances or paragraph) from that picture. Then he adds a picture from his/her collection and the next photographer adds to the story, then adds one of his/her pictures, and so on.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 3 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Picture a song.
Pick a song ( worldwide known in English ) and ask users to make a photograph based on that song.
When When Post 4 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud has a GREAT idea! I really like the song idea.
Rafael Cor Rafael Cor Post 5 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud, Could you please explain with more details your idea?
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 6 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
ofcourse, it is very simple.
The person who starts the project picks a song, which is well known worldwide, everyone who wants to join makes a photograph based on the text of this song, and tries to convey the feeling or meaning of the song in this photograph.
Rafael Cor Rafael Cor Post 7 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud:

Sorry, but could you give me the author or the singer? because here in Mexico I think that is not so popular.

;o)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 8 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Rafael, we're not that far yet, this is only an idea sofar, still being discussed.
Elaine Liebenbaum Elaine Liebenbaum Post 9 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
hmm Wen Ive been thinking about your idea and maybe that would be a good idea for a project within our new info page which is to be uploaded next week, let me get back to you on that.

@ruud
maybe everyone could pick out his or her own song to picture within a photograph, I like that too.

anymore ideas?
When When Post 10 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Well Elaine,

Right now there is a word association game going on in the member's forum. It's just words, but I thought it would be neat if everyone had to accompany a picture with the word association.

Another exercise is an actual project where the members have a week time limit. A group of words or concepts is given and they must somehow be incorporated (all) into the picture according to that artist/photographer's personal style. To add to the community idea of it the names are left off but a list of contributing photographers names are given. The viewer has to guess who's work is who's. I don't know how you would accomplish the last part on FC, but it is very good exercise at getting people to interact and ask questions. This encourages new spontaneous works rather than someone just digging into a database of old pictures and pulling one out.

Here is an example, this is from an exercise just like this- The subject was "Hands and Water"

[fc-foto:3149872]
Here is one of another photographer's picture that made me think of the project I did mine for.
[fc-foto:3863818]

The ones I mentioned are all non competitive community builders that help stimulate creativity and expression.

A comment on Ruud's idea - here is one I just did based on a song/musical score that I personally related to -
[fc-foto:3905000]

(Thank's Ruud for the inspiration, you don't know how much you had a part in that picture.)
Alex Fuchs Alex Fuchs Post 11 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
wow! Ruud, Wen, your ideas are very good!

It is new, creative and stylish!

And, what is very important, this is community's creative work! We can have chance be really COMMUNITY, TEAM. Such projects also can stimulate members stay here and have a good team's spirit here... And it can stimulate some new members and new money and links for site. (and it is very important too, good project must have a good profit!

[fc-foto:3230095]
Alex Fuchs Alex Fuchs Post 12 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
Picture a poem, this can be interesting!

Du bist dir nur des einen Triebs bewußt;
O lerne nie den andern kennen!
Zwei Seelen wohnen, ach! in meiner Brust,
Die eine will sich von der andern trennen;
Die eine hält, in derber Liebeslust,
Sich an die Welt mit klammernden Organen;
Die andre hebt gewaltsam sich vom Dust
Zu den Gefilden hoher Ahnen.

Faust

Post Edited (21:48h)
Elaine Liebenbaum Elaine Liebenbaum Post 13 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/pc/cat/5667

okay the next project is in, and I hope you are all happy with it.
I will try to figure out how to do the photo association idea, Im not sure that it'll work with the user software here.

Any other ideas would be great. You can also send me a fotomail at any time.

thanks for all your input.
Véronique Soulier Véronique Soulier Post 14 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
hello, i'm new on fc and just discover the forum, this one seems to be closed since months, but I try to join it..
i like the idea of the poem, the song, nice novel pages... nice to illustrate some words which touch you, I have done that for the pleasure of feeling my real meaning ( vision) of the words... but of course for me it was in french and I won't dare to translate in english... but to compare what the same words evocate to many people must be a nice experience..
I've tried in english with TS ELIOT poem, and will upload it today.
Cheers
VéroniqueElaine Grossman wrote:

Quote:Hi I was wondering if you people would be interested in
suggesting a project.
The idea behind this site is to get the users involved in
making this a more interesting place.
http://www.fotocommunity.com/pc/pc/cat/4450
this is the link to where you find another link to "suggest a
new section".
Once you propose a project then that will be voted in by the
administrators.
If that doesnt work then put your ideas in here and I'll try
and help you through.

thanks
elaine
Véronique Soulier Véronique Soulier Post 15 of 30
0 x Thank You
link
ok... i just use this forum because i like the way you discuss about words and pictures..
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the