WOW!!! I'm in heaven with my new EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R1800

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
When When Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
I am just in heaven. Sending my stuff out for printing was getting pricey. I was in Best Buy today and was just taken over by the EPSON Stylus Photo R1800 printer. I was very lucky to have an EPSON representative to answer every single question I threw at him. The prints from this machine are really amazing. I had been saving up to buy a pretty expensive stylus pad but I couldn't walk out of the store without this printer - well, tomorrow is Mother's Day and my husband gave in. Instead of dinner out and the new pad I get this. Took it home and set it up very quickly. I've been printing and printing and printing, and still printing things that I couldn't afford to send out to print before. I have to say that I'm getting a better quality print on 13" x 19" archival matte and 8" x 10" Epson paper than I get from sending out to Kodak.com or the local photography shop. My prints look SO much better on the paper than on the screen, I'm usually disappointed when I get my enlargements back and they don't match what I see on the computer. SERIOUS, my prints look TONS better, especially on the EPSON gloss. When they say "studio quality prints" it's true. What gets me is that if you use the right paper (and with proper display and storage) the prints will be fade resistant 200 years. That is something that has really bothered me about digital photography, that we will loose generations of photos because of the medium. Any hoo, I just wanted to share how thrilled I am with this printer. I think this printer will pay for it's self in just a few weeks. Can't wait to get the large roll paper and print out some really big 44" wide panoramas.

With all of the printing I've done today I have yet to have one of the ink cartridges go dry, and the speed of this printer is insane. Should be outlawed really!! I printed a very dense colored, high resolution 13" x 19" print in best photo mode in less than 5 minutes.

Best photo related item I've purchased. So far I can say this is the best PRINTER I've ever purchased, and I have 5 that I paid more for than the EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 1800. Seriously thinking of printing out my photos and then scanning them for the internet.
Robert van der Sanden Robert van der Sanden Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Happy Mothers Day Wen. Yes, that R1800 is not just a printer. A lot of pro's use it instead of the "traditional" photo prints. The quality and durability of the prints is amazing.
It's on my wishlist too but at the very bottom. The professional lab here still offers me top quality for a price comparable to inkjet prints, so I'm happy to stick with that for a while.

Soon you will need to move into a bigger house. The area of your walls will be too small to hang all your prints...

Have a nice weekend,

Robert
When When Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Ha ha Robert. Right now I'm in an empty apartment with way too much white. I hate white walls. I'll find lots of places to pin things up.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the