USM, is it worth it?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Luke Johnson Luke Johnson Post 1 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I have already decided that i am going to buy a Canon 350d with a 18-55mm lens to start. I just wanted to know if you think it worth spending a little more to get the USM feature. Will it affect the quality of my pictures if i dont?

Thanks!!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
It won't affect the technical quality but the fast focussing and predictive tracking of a USM lens will enable you to catch subjects in focus that you may otherwise be unable to. I guess it depends on what type of subjects and images you are shooting and what value you put into the convenience of fast, quiet focussing. Regards, Paul.
Luke Johnson Luke Johnson Post 3 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks Paul, well i have gone out and got my new camera with the USM. for only £20 more i think it will be good to have.
MWPhoto MWPhoto   Post 4 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I think you will find it helpful if you make a lot of handheld photos in marginal light. Someone who always uses a tripod will not need the feature.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 5 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Good luck and happy shootin' with your new cam !! looking forward to the results !

Post Edited (23:41h)
Luke Johnson Luke Johnson Post 6 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks again, now have to buy a new laptop, this one has hardly got the ram to run IE let alone any editing softwear.
This is getting to be an expensive hobby!
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 7 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
No-one told you that before ?? 8-)))))
Luke Johnson Luke Johnson Post 8 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Well i never thought i would get into it like i have. Im either gonna have to get good real fast a sell my pictures, or become a gigalo.

Neither seem likly in the near future!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 9 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Do both ;0)
Luke Johnson Luke Johnson Post 10 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
My mother would kill me!.....................................................................................................

She never has liked Cameras.

LOL
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 11 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
But she does like girls ??
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the