Memory Card....

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Tor-Henrik Furmyr Tor-Henrik Furmyr   Post 1 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I,m going to buy me a couple of new memory cards for my D70. Does anyone have experiences to what card i need? What's the limit when shooting series - the camera's ability to write to memory-card or the cards ability to receive? I'm asking because i want to find out if i can manage with ultra2's or if i should go for ultr3's...
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
My experience has indicated that while it is nice to have a very large capacity card it also is not nice if you lose one or one corrupts whilst out on a shoot. I would suggest go for reasonably large capacity but spread the risk slightly by getting at least 2 or probably 3 cards (I would rather have two 2gb cards than one 4gb card). Also I do not know the camera's maximum read and write speeds so it may be worth checking so that you don't spend extra on a card that is faster than your camera (unless one day a new camera catches up). Regards, Paul.
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 3 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
http://geheugen.direqt.nl/product-show/28352
Dusan Hoza Dusan Hoza Post 4 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I like SanDisk Extreme III 2 GB for my 8Megapix. camera
maybe 3-4 of them
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 5 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I use Sandisk extreme III and Kingston Elite.
No larger then 2 GB, because IF a card goes blonkers i at least do not loose too much capacity at once.
On 2GB i can shoot aprox 370 pics in RAW so that will be enought for most shoots.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 6 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I have one Sandisk Extreme III and three RiData Pro2's, all at 2MB capacity. I use them on a Canon 5D and can't tell a bit difference between them relative to speed (Sandisk is rated at 133X which is approx 20MB/sec, and RiData at 80X, approx 12MB/sec - note 1X = 150KB/sec). Technically the Sandisk would work better at a high rate of shooting as my 5D shoots 3FPS max rate (using RAW that is 38.4MB of pictures to write per second). Practically speaking I don't shoot that way but if you do get the faster card
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
The new cards (lexar for one) offer process speeds up too 133x. The shop I use suggested around 2 gig cards do to the download speeds on computers. Then you can be downloading one while working on another. There is also the less to lose factor if there is a problem
Tor-Henrik Furmyr Tor-Henrik Furmyr   Post 8 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks for your experinces and opinions, folks :-)
I guess i'm going for a couple of 2MB Sandisks since that's the branch i have experiences with from before.
I bougt a cheap 1MB card a while ago, mostly to test if it delivers, but i won't recommend it. It does the job mostly, but i don't feel safe as it has crashed on me a few times. Saved the pictures, but with lots of unnecessary work...
...but first i've got to get my camera back from repairs :-(
-i'm shaking from abstinence!!!

totto
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 9 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
On 2GB i can shoot aprox 370 pics in RAW so that will be enought for most shoots.

how big are the raw files that you shoot ruud?
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 10 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
usually around 5mb little less or little more
Mike Harvey Mike Harvey Post 11 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
i use the sandisk ultra 2 gig for over a year no problems
download with card reader and ONLY FORMAT IN CAMERA AFTER EVERY SHOOT never a lost or corrupt image
shot on continious at motor sport in raw never waited for card or camera to catch up.
i use the d70
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the