A4 Printers

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Dave Donaldson Dave Donaldson Post 1 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Okay I have been looking but so much on the market I don't know were to start.

I'm looking for an A4 printer for photo's that produce a good quality image any suggestions .
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 2 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Canon produces some very good printers. I'm using a Pixma iP6600D, and the results are great. Also for b/w.
This would be my suggestion.
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 3 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
I use the Canon Pixma 5000, great printer, but there's many others offcourse.
1 thing to pay attention to when choosing a printer is the amount of different ink cartridges is being used.
separate black and photoblack will give better results
Dave Donaldson Dave Donaldson Post 4 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
So tell me more about the black and photoblack??
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 5 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Printer which do not have black or photoblack cartridges will compose black and grey from the colour cartridges. This is always a lesser quality in black and grey colours then when you have a printer which has separate cartridges for them.
This especially comes forward when you want to print B+W
Robert van der Sanden Robert van der Sanden Post 6 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
If I would ever buy a photo printer, it would probably be Epson R1800/R2400. They use pigment ink that has a very long life without fading.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Have you considered using professional photo labs rather than home printing?? I have for so long read in forums about expensive printers with bad colour output, expensive running costs, repair costs, keeping up with technology, the longevity of home prints, amazingly high cost of printer paper and inks compared with top quality pro lab true photographic output etc etc etc ... I still use pro labs and every print I buy is top quality, printed to last, very cheap and printed by a machine that is years ahead of home printers and maintained by someone else :0) You may NEED the convenience and immediacy of home printing but if not it is just an option for you to consider ... I pay approx. 79p for a A4 print on photographic paper. Regards, Paul.
Dave Donaldson Dave Donaldson Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
@ Paul it is a consideration,

Looking at the pro's and con's thanks for your input !
E. Learned E. Learned Post 9 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
No one ever seems to mention the HP line of printers. Given that they have the largest share of the Business Market, we seem to dismiss their Photosmart line. I have been making fine exhibition prints with the 8700 series printers and, having compared them to the Epson line, foung them to more color accurate, faster, and a bit more detailed.
Since switching to digital from Minolta-scanned 35MM, I have been able to create prints of equal quality from either through 16X20 inches.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the