J O Y
While the five buildings in Baltimore's Tide Point have been re-purposed, their names harken back to their original function. They were part of a Procter and Gamble soap factory built on Baltimore's harbor in the 1929 and 1949.
Indeed, Tide Point was named for that company's laundry detergent product.
Each of the buildings on the new campus is named for a P&G product that was at one time made here.
And while the buildings no longer have anything to do with soap making, those big metal tanks evoke Tide Point's history.
The view at the end of the promenade is across Baltimore Harbor to the city's Canton district.
This color-key rendition was created from an original Kodak UltraMax-400
color negative, shot on a sunny late afternoon of a September day.
©2018 Steve Ember