Question for Webmasters of FC

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 1 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Hello!
FC is the place where the people from all the world upload and discuss their works. Every author gets tips and advises from his visitors for improving his works: for example, to add a frame, to enhance the colors etc. Sometimes, the author of the work follows the advises and improves the photo. But then he has no possibility to upload the result instead of the old one at the same place. He can only post it into a fotohome folder and give a link to it. A very unconvinient way.
Why not to give such a possibility to reload a photo without loosing old comments?
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Yes - I have uploaded a photo in which I accidentally uploaded the wrong file - a 'worked on' but not completed photo .. that has obvious (to me) faults ... I cannot delete the photo as it has received several great comments despite the faults ... it would be nice to be able to re-load the image and maybe leave a note on the page to show that the image had been edited ... if a person uploads a completely different image community members may lodge a complaint and the photo can be removed ... not a bad idea vladimir and one that has crossed my mind since i uploaded the image in question.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Yes I was aware of this problem and I suppose knew you would say this - i would have said this as well if i was you ... guess we will have to live with it ...
thanks anyway ..
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 4 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Andreas Allgeyer wrote:

Quote:I understand what you mean, but a reload means, that the photo
is different and the old comments are still there (for the old
photo). We think this is to much confusing for most of the
users. The reference will be gone away and maybe the new photo
is totally different from the old one. Think about the
strangest form: You wrote a positive comment for a photo with a
potrait and the next day, you´ll find your comment under a
landscape photo.

I'm afraid you pay too much attention to that thing: different photo or the old one. I'm stiil the member of a Russian community which allows the reloading and still has never seen, that someone has replaced the portrait with the landscape. But it's very important for the author, after receiving right criticisms, to improve the photo and reload it.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the