Let's start a contest!!!

<1 ... 45678>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Surrealia Surrealia Post 91 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud van der Lubben wrote:

Quote:After all the noise made in this discussion, we have sofar the
unbelievable amount of 4 ( four ) entries for this competition.

8-(

Quote:Dear members of fotocommunity,

I am terribly sorry about the disastrous delays to start a new contest and I apologize for the inconvenience we caused as admins. I cannot reveal the background for what happened, but in the future we will try hard to get your confidence back.

Right now we are preparing a contest and it will start in a few weeks. We need the time to prepare carefully and finalize the terms and conditions.

I ask for your understanding. If you have any questions, I will gladly answer you.

Matthias Moritz
Admin fotocommunity.com

and later Matthias Moritz wrote:
Quote:Another contest in the Contest Section will follow soon. We are in the preparation phase.

You as members were longing for some new photographic contests. Since creating a contest implies a lot of preparation and also a longer time to find the winner, we created something similar, a "monthly theme" on a regular basis.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
April to June 2010 Project
Finally! Winter says "good bye!", spring comes along. We can stop crossing the days on the calendar waiting for sun and fresh colors. Its time for the first coffee outside enjoying the...
... warming rays of the sun, time to enjoy colorful blossoms, music and much more. So, how about picking up your camera?Show us your emotions and impressions about "spring fever"!

There is one requirement: the photo should include a yellow or orange spot, like a blossom, a t-shirt or what ever you catch.

You can participate with ONE photo.

The upload and voting phase will take seven weeks, the last week is for voting only.

The winning image will be used as section preview of this competition and will be shown on the frontpage. The winner will be featured in the Blog.

Please note: absolutely no nude photos allowed!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Ruud, look at the discussion more exactly. We do not appear in that 2 monthly project. The topic is boring, because it is offered similarly in all fotocommunities in the spring time. We discussed and demanded completely different one.

Andy Pomplun wrote (04.02.2010):
you guys settle on the theme, let's say 30 of you, and I'll start programming a contest :)

We did!!!!

Ruud, treat us not like small children

marie
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 92 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Surrealia I think it is time to FORGET about contest on this site !
It is really looks like that - because I can`t see any logic explanation to denay our human photo wish to have a contest on this site.
I cant see any reason to ask some people about it.. This is just terrible !!!
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 93 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Let me explain something:

You were asking for some sort of competition, as it is, the organizing of a competition is not a very easy thing to do, also because lately Andy left the Admin team, and Matthias is due to personal reasons not much online as well at this moment.

That leaves us with 2 admins at the moment to take care of the whole of the .COM site.

I am myself aprox 2-3 hours daily involved in the running of this site. I do this on a voluntary basis while at the same time i have a busy job in the photo industry AND am working as an independend freelance photographer.

i do this because i like to be involved with photography, NOT because i have a need to act as a schoolmaster for some people who apparently have too little inspiration to keep themselves occupied.

Sofar we have 10 entries, some of which show clearly that the makers are not even able to work according to a given theme. Putting "spring" into the title does not mean it answers to the given theme 8-((
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 94 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Sorry Ruud !
I didnt expect that there are some kind of problems happening in admin teams. From other way if it is problems in teams and you need a people who will help to drive correct site working maybe some people could ever help to small team become bigger.
From my side - I apologize for very hard and temperament sentences i said before...
nicht nominiert nicht nominiert Post 95 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Dear Ruud,
I understand your problems with a buisy schedule and that you putting a lot of voluntary work into fc,which probably is not always estimated enough.
But I don´t think that you can tell by the number of entries in a spring-contest how a fairy-tale contest would run.There was enough interest shown in this discussion.To be honest:when i saw a contest on the topic spring,i went to sleep(that topic is just not my cup of tea),one eye half open,peeping at this discussion to miss not the start of the contest i was waiting for.And i think,i´m not the only one.

And if the admins have too much work to get a fairy-tale contest started,why not providing just a platform and share the work with those who were interested in the first place?
After all,i wonder if there is any interest left.
I´m still interested.
(And though i have a very buisy professional schedule too,i would try to take a part....)

Regards
NN

Post Edited (21:19)
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 96 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
The most powerful images in a photography projects are rarely the ones on the surface of the issue, they’re the ones that go deeper and force you to be more creative. If the subject is boring how could you capture the topic in a new fresh way. How creative can you get? That is the challenge. That is the challenge that professional photographers face everyday to present a fresh image to a client if they want to get the sale / contract. Capture it the way everyone else does will not set you apart from the crowd.

You may not think that it is the greatest topic or the one you wanted but for there to be a next time there needs to be participation.

From Chase Jarvis Blog:

http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2010/0 ... #more-1503
Laki K. Laki K. Post 97 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Ruud van der Lubben wrote:

Quote:Let me explain something:

You were asking for some sort of competition, as it is, the
organizing of a competition is not a very easy thing to do,
also because lately Andy left the Admin team, and Matthias is
due to personal reasons not much online as well at this moment.

That leaves us with 2 admins at the moment to take care of the
whole of the .COM site.

I am myself aprox 2-3 hours daily involved in the running of
this site. I do this on a voluntary basis while at the same
time i have a busy job in the photo industry AND am working as
an independend freelance photographer.

i do this because i like to be involved with photography, NOT
because i have a need to act as a schoolmaster for some people
who apparently have too little inspiration to keep themselves
occupied.

Sofar we have 10 entries, some of which show clearly that the
makers are not even able to work according to a given theme.
Putting "spring" into the title does not mean it answers to the
given theme 8-((

though the efforts of the "for free working" admin team is for sure appreciated and honored by the members as well, this doesn't change imo that the fc is a company from which the paying members and the free members can expect to be heard and treated as customers or even as potential customers.

what do you think if i would use the same arguments towards my customers? i guess i wouldn't have any left. my customers don't care the heck if anyone of my employees left the company, is sick or on vacation, no they still expect their services and yes simply because they pay for them.

and don't tell me that all here is running smooth...i think waiting nearly 4 months for a competition to get started excuses the frustration of the people here.

and again ruud, this doesn't mean to bash the adminteam at all. i know that they do for sure a lot of work. maybe this should be just addressed to the right persons hierarchically above the admins.
Surrealia Surrealia Post 98 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Hello,
is there anybody out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deleted user Deleted user Post 99 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
well, maybe members talk shuts out some probable contendors.
Laki K. Laki K. Post 100 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Super Model wrote:

Quote:well, maybe members talk shuts out some probable contendors.

membership has it's priviledges
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 101 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
For all those who wanted a contest, we have one on line since a few days !!

We are looking forward to your entries.

http://www.fotocommunity.com/forum/read ... 111&t=9111
Gabriela Ürlings Gabriela Ürlings   Post 102 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Here it is: http://www.fotocommunity.com/Contest
Kenny Jazz Kenny Jazz Post 103 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
Seems to me there some kind of problems with a normal working od contest division ! Instead of pictures I have a text with Timed Out. Is this new joke ?:)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 104 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
I suppose what timed out was your internet connex.

Herá all is working normal ! 8-))
sanya s. sanya s. Post 105 of 111
0 x Thank You
link
id love a new contest!
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the