Creativity

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Donata Casiraghi Donata Casiraghi Post 1 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Hi, everybody!
I would like to know your opinions about creativity.

- When do you find your inspiration for your creative jobs of hobbies?
- Why are some people particularly creative? What is special in them?

I need some opinions for my studies of foreign languages. This time I have to write a text speaking about creativity in general, and would like to add a sort of interview to my friends and correspondents.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for any help you will give to me! :-)
Mauro Tomassetti Mauro Tomassetti   Post 2 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Dear Donata!
I think that creativity is within all of us, in our lifetime can be furi and put it into practice or we can also pass it on to our children!
;-)
Donata Casiraghi Donata Casiraghi Post 3 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you, Mauro

Now, let us see if anyone can find an answer to these questions :-)

What encourages creativity? Problems to solve?

Does a "pure creativity" exist, I mean, one that is not connected with problems to solve?
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 4 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I believe that there is no drug as addictive or as alluring as being successful creatively. To make a living from the fruits of one’s imagination is truly a blessed way to live. But herein lies the rub. With practice, and perhaps success, we find our groove. But grooves frequently become ruts, and ruts can become trenches, and trenches can become graves in which our creativity becomes buried. – Vincent Versace

There are time our creativity just flows, images and thoughts pop up as fast as we can put the image to pixel nirvana, other times we get stuck in the quagmire of writers block. Some people put a lot more creativity into their image while others capture a scene that is merely presented to them while walking the streets of life.

Creativity is subjective like all art. Sometime the creativity is what we see and capture in camera, other times our creativity is in our abilities in Photoshop.

Creativity is either captured naturally or manufactured in our ability to manipulate an image. Some argue as a purist others as a digital artist.

There are things you do to get paid, 9-5, and other things you do to express yourself. Sometimes the line is blurred.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDXkd2NyCCE

Who is right ? Who is wrong ?
Last edited by Ken Piros on 13.06.15, 21:14, edited 3 times in total.
Donata Casiraghi Donata Casiraghi Post 5 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Thank you, Ken, for your deep observations. In particular, I found the thoughts about grooves/graves really amazing.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 6 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Donata: Some of us subscribe to the research by Ned Herrmann whose 'Whole Brain Thinking' model is well-known. One reason why I follow his view is because, as a secondary teacher, I saw his theories in practical dimensions, every day, in both students and teacher-colleagues.

Hermann maintained we have four thinking quadrants. The most effective are those who use each quadrant, A, B, C and D rather than relying exclusively on a single quadrant preference. Those whose preference is D Quadrant Thinking tend to be highly creative in a non-conformist, disruptive, individualistic way. Hermann suggests thinking preference and certain sorts of creativity go hand in hand.

If you wish to explore the work of Ned Herrmann, the net has many references. I recommend for in-depth study his book, "The whole Brain Business Book."
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I believe it is a fault to relate 'creativity' to 'problem solving'. Yes, often creative thinking and actions arising from that process can be helpful in dealing with problems more effectively. Please note, I am not saying 'solve'. Rather my suggestion is that a group of creative thinkers, working in a team, have more potential to deal with issues that arise - problems if you wish - than a single operator.

The potential to be creative is in all of us and most visible in children. Note how quickly your three year old learns to manipulate everyone in the house. For a variety of reasons, adults lose that spontenaity. Much of this loss can be ascribed to 'culture', to 'fear of failure', to 'costs' both personal and financial, to the 'time' involved in mastering even one 'creative element'... (How long did you take to learn how to edit RAW files in Photoshop or any other top-end editor?)

In my experience, less than five percent of the community is broadly creative simply because thinking styles often militate against creative thinking, to name one of the creative domains. For example, those who postulate that we need 'critical thinking' to boost creativity live in a dream world. Too often, creative thinkers are dominating males keen to demonstrate their superior intellect and skill in argument and to prove others wrong. Their potential for the sort of creativity that I promote is almost nil. Critical thinking is a simple, somewhat cheap and often destructive style that cannot compare with those 'creatives' who use possibility and alternatives thinking as a value, as a lifestyle.

Education internationally is hoping that students can be taught to be creative. This does not happen. Children and the occasional adult who are creative in the broadest sense are rare gems who have a collection of personal attributes, within a specific social setting.
shoredie shoredie Post 8 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Creativity is the act of turning new from things and imaginative ideas to reality, it is the ability of someone looking for new and unique things
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the