White Balance - Colour Temperature

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Hedi de Zilva Hedi de Zilva   Post 1 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Hello, I have been trying to take a picture at night of a snow covered street with a street light. The picture is very red. Can anyone please tell me how to set the White Balance and Colour Temperature in such a situation. Thank you!
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 2 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
The white balance/colourtemp is very much depending on the kind of streetlight. Which editing program are you using and did you shoot in RAW ??
Hedi de Zilva Hedi de Zilva   Post 3 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Ruud van der Lubben 14.01.19, 14:10To the cited postThe white balance/colourtemp is very much depending on the kind of streetlight. Which editing program are you using and did you shoot in RAW ??Thank you for your comment Ruud. I don’t take pictures in RAW. My editing program is Photoshop. What I would like to know is what camera-settings in the menu I should use. Do I use for example: low Kelvin 2000 or high Kelvin 10000 and what light source? I’ve been trying all different settings but without success :(
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben   Post 4 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
What you should do is use somewhere between 4000 and 5000 kelvin as setting for your whitebalance. It is impossible to say exact because this is depending on the kind of streetlight. Led light is usual near 4000 kelvin.

it would be better to work in RAW because then you can make small corrections afterwards. In raw you can easily correct whiebalance by clicking with the pipet in the area which should be white.
Hedi de Zilva Hedi de Zilva   Post 5 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Ruud van der Lubben 15.01.19, 11:50To the cited postWhat you should do is use somewhere between 4000 and 5000 kelvin as setting for your whitebalance. It is impossible to say exact because this is depending on the kind of streetlight. Led light is usual near 4000 kelvin.

it would be better to work in RAW because then you can make small corrections afterwards. In raw you can easily correct whiebalance by clicking with the pipet in the area which should be white.
ok, I will take your advise and change to RAW. Thank's again!
RoseMG RoseMG Post 6 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
This is incredible advice, I will try them soon!
RoseMG RoseMG Post 7 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: RoseMG 20.05.19, 20:56To the cited postThis is incredible advice, I will try them soon!
also, there is a lot of information http://fixthephoto.com/evolve-edits-out ... mpare.html
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the