Travel Zoom

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Hedi de Zilva Hedi de Zilva   Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hello, I am thinking of buying a Tamron travel zoom 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3. Has anyone got any experience with this ultra-telephoto all-in- one zoom?
xxx xxx Post 2 of 3
1 x Thank You
link
I had a chance to work with this lens few days ago. So, I would like to share my experience and recommendation about who this lens is for, the good and the things to be careful. 
I think, the ideal user for this lens will be an amateur or enthusiast. This lenses is best for him who want travels but would not like to carry more than one or two lenses. This lens is great for landscape photography. By simply zoom out to 18mm you can have a pretty landscape out of the corner of your eye. But the things I found not so good and quite touch tricky is that twisting the lens in order to zoom in past 200 mm to get to the 400mm focal lengths. The twisting motion is not smooth enough and you need to jerk the lens a bit when zooming in from 200mm to 400mm.
mariah mariah Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Hedi de Zilva 04.07.18, 23:22To the cited postHello, I am thinking of buying a Tamron travel zoom 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3. Has anyone got any experience with this ultra-telephoto all-in- one zoom?
This lens is best for universal use. You can use it anywhere and does the job of most lenses but not the best. If you are not into taking professional photos then for random use this lens is pretty good.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the