resizing image for fotocommunity

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
What's the best way to resize my pics for this site? To get down to 150 kb., I seem to be losing a lot of quality. In jpeg my file size is about 3 mb. I've got photoshop cs2 and Aperture and am using a mac computer.

Post Edited (0:00h)
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 2 of 6
1 x Thank You
link
Easiest way is by saving for web in PS, size 800 pix longest and set medium quality so that you'll get max 150kb. Then you should be ok.
xxx xxx Post 3 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
i aggree with ruud, but you should save it a lil bit less than 150 KB, e.g. 146 KB. and eh...it could bei 1000 px or ruud? see no need to size it down to 800 px. for usual pics with "normal" contrasts it should work, otherwise u have to choose 296 KB and use the fc-function for a double-upload...
(up to 300 KB here)

best regards

h

oops..maybe u dont know....if your jpg-file is about 3 MB, you must resize the picture first and then save it for web...
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 4 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
When you size to 1000 is no problem, only as i work on a 17" screen one may have to scroll a bit which i dont really like.
xxx xxx Post 5 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
yes ruud...aggree...in width 1000 (incl. frame) px is okay i guess, for the heigth i think about 700 - 800 should be okay... that are the sizes i would recommend...

best regards
h
Sonja Grünbauer Sonja Grünbauer   Post 6 of 6
0 x Thank You
link
I normally save my images at ± 600K
fotocommunity downsizes your images anyway if it is to big. I work on Canon EOS 5DM3 and I have my images on 75dpi at 1000px length/width
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the