flashcard question

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Tom Fitzgerald Tom Fitzgerald Post 1 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
My SanDisk memory flashcard was working fine yesterday. When I attempted to use a photo printer kiosk at Kinko's there was a problem. It first read the card, and then could not after a few seconds. After several unsuccessful tries at the kiosk I put the card back in the camera and it read "memory card error". Any idea what happened? Are all of the pic's that are on the card lost?
Thanks in advance,
-tom

Post Edited (5:06h)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Well, from what you say, I guess the card is corrupted and you're stuffed. It is likely that the kiosk is responsible, but you'll never prove it. It's possible also that you removed it from the kiosk before it was safe to do so, which can lead to the card being corrupted.

There are some recovery programmes around, but I have no idea whether they will work. Never had the same problem. Maybe Sandisk can help.

Good Luck

David
Thierry Burgherr Thierry Burgherr   Post 3 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
I just bought a new Sandisk 2GB CF ... in the package there was a mini CD with a programm called RescuePRO Ver. 1.0 which is absolutely new on the market and ist given away with new CF's ... ask your dealer or try to get it from somebody who is getting a new CF newest generation - I do not see in your profile where you a from, if it would be Switzerland I could send it to you
best regards - thierry
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Cheers Thierry

I have looked up RescuePRO and you can link to it through :

http://www.sandisk.com/retail/rescuepro.asp

Good luck

David
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the