Advice: Lumix FZ50 or R1

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Eric van Crombrugge Eric van Crombrugge Post 1 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Hello,

I´m planning to buy a new camera and I´m not sure what to purchase. I´m looking at the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 and the Sony DSC-R1. I love taking pictures from flowers and landscapes if that helps. Could the Samsung Pro815 or the Canon PowerShot S3 IS be a alternative? Awaiting your comments

Greets Eric
Eric van Crombrugge Eric van Crombrugge Post 2 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Don´t fall allover yourselves to give advice guys :-)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Well I have the R1 and I LOVE it !!!!! I have stopped using my 350d and 300d as the optical excellence is superb .. and backed up by what is still the only dslr sized sensor on a bridge or compact. I haven't used the FZ50 but I can't praise the R1 more highly. Pin sharp, large enough for comfort and easy to use. Of course I am not suggesting it is better than a dslr but until I spend a few hundred quid on a good quality lens I will continue using the R1. Have a look at the reviews on www.dpreview.com

Regards, Paul.
Eric van Crombrugge Eric van Crombrugge Post 4 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Thanks Paul,
Just purchased a FZ50. Once I can handle it, I´ll post a picture. Do you use RAW, TIFF or JPEG?
Regards, Eric.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Eric ... I use RAW/JPG ... although being lazy I tend to work on the JPG (good advice would be to work on the RAW file as it will give better results). I will be interested to see the results .. one concern of mine when considering the FZ range was the noise, as it crams a lot of pixels onto a sensor that is only a fraction of the size of the R1 sensor .. anyway I hope it is great and look forward to seeing some results .. please give me a message when they are on here. Regards, Paul.
E. Learned E. Learned Post 6 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
Without a supplementary Macro lens for the R1 it's Apples and Oranges.
The FZ50, in Macro setting can focus on a blossom that touches the outer edges of the lens hood.
The R1, however, gets onlt 10-12CM close to the subject. Of the two, the FZ50 is more versatile. The 12X zoom is great for Sports etc.
The R1 is the best landscape non-slr on the market. Great detail and is also an outstanding portrait lens.
I use both and I feel I have the best of both worlds without having to change lenses in mid-stream.I reluctantly gave up my Leica Ms(after 50 years) to these and, after the learning curvve was finished, am more than happy with the change. No more Darkroom, Scanning and frustration due to time limitations.
Felicisimo Silabay Felicisimo Silabay Post 7 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
I hope this may helps:

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Digital Camera - has an average expert rating of 81 (based on 12 expert sources)

http://www.smartratings.com/review/phot ... ameras/172

Canon Powershot S3 IS Digital Camera – has an average expert rating of 81 (based on 18 expert sources)

http://www.smartratings.com/review/phot ... _cameras/6

Perhaps, Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Digital Camera is better if it fits your budget.
pehet80215 pehet80215 Post 8 of 8
0 x Thank You
link
There are many models of cameras on the market. But it becomes more challenging when you start looking for an affordable, reliable and great camera. Need to check this https://kranepoolsociety.com/ and get more new things for the game. Most of the models produce good-quality pictures but not a lot of people are familiar with these brands. So my choice for this article is Lumix FZ50 or R1.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the