IR and focus

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Viktor Doro Viktor Doro Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hi all!

Since a few weeks I make my first expiriences with digital IR pictures. There is only this small problem. My shots are all unsharp! If I focus first and place the filter in front of the lens or focus with the filter together, the result is always the same - the pictures are all unsharp or the sharpness is eveerywhere but not there where i would like it to be. I even tried it with aparture 13, same result4 The picture is unsharp :( !

My question how can I make sharp pictures while making pictures with an IR filter ???
Oliver Suhr Oliver Suhr Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Viktor,

first of all I guess you use a tripod and a remote control or delayed action shutter to protect shaking....

IR light and visible light have different wavelength, hence the scale on the lense does not work correctly for IR.
By using a 695 and a 780 filter the autofocus and focus assist of my Pentax works well, hence I have no problems and I have never tried to adjust the focus "blind"...

I propose to do a series of shots with different focus to check out how to adjust the differences in focus between visible and IR light.

cheers, Olli
Yan Manarsar Yan Manarsar Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
setting the white balance is really important with IR photo. If the white balance is not good then the result usually came out like hazy. Thats what i usually have with Cokin or Hoya. The shutter speed will be really slow if using an IR filter. therefore tripod is a must. I don't know in your area, but here you can modify your camera into IR. It will make you taking an IR photo just like taking a normal one, including the shutterspeed

Yan
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the