Working as a Photographer

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
When When Post 31 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
Yes, Shoot.
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 32 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
yes, Shoot
AnnaVonZypern AnnaVonZypern Post 33 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
Detlef Klahm said:

"you are good enough when people start buying your work...but to get there will take many things...."

---

If you are good enough when only ppl start buying your work, then Van Gogh was an incompetent all his life. He sold one piece of painting before he died.

Maybe by saying "good enough" you mean "good enough at selling skills".

Post Edited (12:22h)
When When Post 34 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
Yeah....Good going girl!! Right on. Sellable doesn't equal exceptional. I'm going to like the likes of you. ; ) Welcome to FC.
Detlef Klahm Detlef Klahm Post 35 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
Skills at selling yourself is part of buisness...please remember...each type of business has a different outlook on what their wants and needs are in photography...you artistic skills may not be it. But if you learn what the need for a calender photograph is,- or for a cover of a tourism booklet,-etc..you may end up getting good enough at making money.
Van Gogh was one of very few exceptions...if you think you can place yourself in that category...be my guest !
arunasworld arunasworld Post 36 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
yea, you could learn photo theory and be a savant - that would be ok, still you need a practice. "to be a tutor and also a learner for yourself" is the best way for growing up. so, work work and work! ;-)
Hadyn Lassiter Hadyn Lassiter Post 37 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
RIT or Brookes or Hallmark.
Work as an assistant or do it like I did and just teach yourself.
Your port need have no more than 10 images to start.
Shoot what you know and love this makes it easier to make the best image you can.
Don't let rejection get to you its a part of the process.
Be nice to the person at the front desk (receptionist) as that is your gateway in to the editors/art directors.
Do what you say you will when you say you will do it.
raul lovera raul lovera Post 38 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
If you have a studio nearby and or a camera shop that is not one of the "national camera store" but one owned by a photographer. in other words learn from those who have been doing "it", that is very helpful. When you are good enough to show your work as is and not filtered way out there in photoshop. then you may want to try sending your images to Getty images- i-stock--Alamy images and/or a thousand other reps that will circulate your images for you. good luck and remember what Ansel Adams replied when asked "How many images do you have on the market" he replied "1/16 of all the exposures I've made". Keep Shooting
Dianne Ratliff Dianne Ratliff Post 39 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
I know I am new on here, but many of the comments didn't answer your question. You need to assist a photographer that is in your area of interest to gain more knowledge, take some classes (although I don't feel a degree is necessary), figure out what it is you want to do and go market yourself to that market. SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT! It will help you become better. Write down your goals and keep them in front of you so you don't lose site of what you want. Work your but off until you've made the contacts and developed a client base and network of professionals that you can get your business off the ground. Make sure everyone you know is aware that you are starting a business so they can refer you. It does NOT happen overnight and will take some time. Ask questions of professionals and be willing to listen and take their advice on what to do to improve your photo skills once they've seen your work. If you want it bad enough, you will be successful! Good Luck!
pekomeri pekomeri Post 40 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
I am new here and I do not know English.
All photo I've published are my product.
I have many others to publish.
Is there anyone who can give me some advice on building a portfolio and career plan?. Thanks
John Sampson John Sampson Post 41 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
I'm beginning to wonder about people calling others jerks and giving advice. Show me what you've done! Show me the evidence that you can advise someone how to break into the professional ranks. It seems to me that the language being used here is still of the kindergarten variety, in which case how much experience is there speaking back at people? Just shooting is not the way to go. All successful photographers know how to pay their dues and how to come by the know-how and the skill and experience, and it wasn't just by shooting!!!
So, it seem to me that we have a very young person posing as an expert giving advice to an inexperienced person with serious intentions.
That sounds rather weird.
hama omer hama omer Post 42 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
The most important thing is to know what you want and what is your goal and start shooting Alsourbadha everything comes easily to you
rraj rraj Post 43 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
I will strongly suggest to read as many books and watch as many videos as you can.
I have downloaded lots of videos from experts from all over the world...they are simply great and you learn a lot...
Above all every pic people might take from different angle..you have to decide your own..and that makes you different...dont focus much on lighting and all initially..focus on frame...and exposure...thats why its good to shot outdoor...wither with sunrise or sunset...never ever try to shot while sun is on top of you...atleast in starting..
good luck
perdosign perdosign Post 44 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
you want to see my works interesting,,,,
visit my blog ....

http://perdosign.wordpress.com/

would you like to see it, because in my blog there are works of great photos ....

Thank you for visiting ...
perdosign perdosign Post 45 of 60
0 x Thank You
link
I want to find articles about photography, but do not know what to look for where. Is there anyone who can give me some advice about building a portfolio and the plan of my articles?
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the