The importance of having a good camera.

<1 ... 34567>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Gautam Bhatia Gautam Bhatia Post 91 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
It all depends to what level of perfection you want ? A good camera with a quality lens will definitely give good result technically if you can manage light and composition. Of course it does not mean an ordinary camera will always give bad result .
Deleted user Deleted user Post 92 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
Photographing is looking and seeing things, camera and lens are just tools and when the basics of photography are unknown it has no use to spend big money because the super camera doesn't make the photo.
Gr. Rob
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 93 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
I guess its not only about having good camera but also some good skill is required to take amazing shots!
approveme approveme Post 94 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
Evaluate the zoom ability. A zoom function allows you to adjust the distance of focus by the amount specified, for instance 4x or 50x the normal focal length. This specification isn't as simple as looking at the number advertised, however. Optical zoom alters the arrangement of the lens itself to focus on more distant objects, producing a high quality image. Digital zoom only enlarges the center of the image electronically, cropping out the rest of the photo without focusing further. Digital zoom results in a much lower image quality, and since the photo can be easily cropped later with image editing software, digital zoom is only useful for helping you find a distant object to photograph, not for taking high quality photos at a distance.
approveme approveme Post 95 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
A good lens means everything in getting the right shot. It’s not just the amount of zoom you have or how wide it can get, but the quality of the glass, the maximum size of the aperture, and other characteristics.
Lottie Lee Lottie Lee Post 96 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
even with a good camera, the technique to use it is also important.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 97 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
Of course there is a need of good camera to take the perfect shot but sometimes if the vision of taking shot is perfect then a good shot can be possible from a simple camera.
Mary21 Mary21 Post 98 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
You are right, but what should do people which can't afford good cameras and lenses? I think it's ok to buy a simple camera and try to take photos. To learn how it works)
ThomB ThomB Post 99 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
Good photos have little to do with good cameras. It is the photographers skill, experience and vision that is the most important. That said, a good camera (e.g./ more expensive/more technically enabled) will give you opportunities for photographs that are not available/more difficult with cheaper models e.g./ a sports or wildlife photographer working for the media would not last long if all they had was a bridge camera. There is a reason they use super expensive FF cameras and telephoto lenses.

Buying a grand piano does not make an average keyboard player into a (better) concert pianist, so why expect an expensive piece of photographic gear to make you a better photographer ?
Max Simson Max Simson Post 100 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
I just had to share my experience…every year we have a local ‘parade’ where hundreds of people line the streets. I photograph it every year along with other media photographers. One of my contacts, who is a well known journalist, told me that my photos were better than the other media photographers because my shots captured the ‘essence’ of the event….I was using. canon 300d, while the others used expensive bodies and telephoto lenses!
xxx xxx Post 101 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
I think a good camera helps you to improve your images and makes your job easier. I do really appreciate a good camera. I can use autofocus when I need. When autofocus cannot adjust, I can use manual focus. Camera sensor allows me to use a high ISO setting so that I can use a fast shutter speed in the dim lighting. I can make shutter speed slow in night photography. All these things can help you to take better picture. But the camera does not have the creative ability and the timing to catch the right moment in the movement. Camera does not have an eye for details like a human being. Camera is a tool and a good photograph depends on how good you are using it. It depends on your perfection of operating a camera whether it is simple or expensive.
ShaneHaumpton ShaneHaumpton Post 102 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
It makes all the difference especially if partnered with a good lens.
blugir blugir Post 103 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
having a GOOD camera that you know VERY well, no matter what price you paid for it, is better than an expensive camera that you do not know how to use. remember that the camera is ONLY a tool; it is HOW you use it in your work that will make you rich, famous or miserable.
ytfge ytfge Post 104 of 104
0 x Thank You
link
very important, it can help you take many good photos.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the