Evaluation- what's a perfect photograph?

<123>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Elaine Liebenbaum Elaine Liebenbaum Post 1 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
How do you evaluate a perfect photograph,
and what's the criteria of it being technically correct?
Tony AKa fototaker Tony AKa fototaker   Post 2 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
there is NO such animal as a "perFect PhotGraph". it is a relative term that is based on emotions, experience and moods at the time one views a photograph. each of ten persons can view ONE photograph and have ten separate, VERY different opinions of the same image, and not one of those thoughts will be the same!!!

though one strives for, there is NO such thing as a perFect image in MY opinion, and that in itself, is a relative statement.

BUT a VERY good question!!!
Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Octávio Diaz-Bérrio Post 3 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
It is a very good question... unfortunately almost without answer.
Of course a good photo must have a good technical solution... but technique is not the only quality of a photograph!
Composition and chromatic balance (even in B&W) are surely other qualities.
Besides all this, there is allways a photo being good to some and bad to others... :-/
Deleted user Deleted user Post 4 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
How is they evaluate you a perfect photograph, and that criteria of him being technically correct?

true a question, but very subjective!
except perhaps on the technical aspect, framing, light, clearness, effect... and still, since the photographer can seek a specific effect which hustles all photographic suitabilities.
in fact does, the perfect photograph exist? isn't this some share a mirror which us reference the image that one wants to see well with our own sensitivity? and, it is all there the charm of the photographic art.

it is only my opinion...
Tony AKa fototaker Tony AKa fototaker   Post 5 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
Elaine, you started a VERY good thread here!!! and all comments and replies have been VERY good BUT, all is relative. as one reply commented: one viewer can like a image that another hates!!!

all ReLative!!!
Mary Vareli Mary Vareli Post 6 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
Hmm a perfect photograph.. "There is not such thing"...
A photograph can touch some aesthetic criteria first of all by means of technical balance that makes the image worth seeing.
Apart from all these on the other hand it is all a mater of taste and acquaintance with some art movements. Some people for example love expressionism as this is achieved by a camera, others are lovers of still life or depiction of perfect reality, whatever the tastes are nevertheless there are some creations that emit something that I call harmony. A harmonic synthesis opens doors to thoughts, feelings , ideas etc and the perfect food for the mind. Therefore I my opinion there cannot be given an answer to what might be called “a perfect photograph”.. there is nothing perfect, different or efficient yes it could be, “perfection” is a restricted notion.
Best regards
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
I agree with the others to say that there are no technical facts or certain symbols, which define a perfect photograph. I think that criteria could be more "smooth":

In my opinion, a perfect photograph means that the photograph is kept in mind by the viewer. Not only for a single moment, but for a long period of time.
Stuart Briggs Stuart Briggs Post 8 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
I understand "perfect" as meaning that there is not any room for improvement. I believe that improvement is always possible. However a photograph is a record of a moment in time (where did I hear that before?)and as such should be viewed as a means of informing the viewer of that moment in time. Just imagine if we had photographs of the pyramids being built..... ? Technically correct who cares! If we pay for it and it satisfies our requirement and needs that is enough.
Regina Ray Regina Ray Post 9 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
i agree that "improvement is always possible". But is it always NEEDED?!? don't we all like all things that are not very technically correct, and yet we call them perfect. Van Gogh for example - not a sign of perspective whatsoever, and yet genial.
perfect photo - very subjective and personal. i believe is the one that you remember - not the details of it, but the way you feel about it.
Tony AKa fototaker Tony AKa fototaker   Post 10 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
as i said: relative!! tis all relative!!!
Elizabeth Dew Elizabeth Dew Post 11 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
Elaine all I can add is "the perfect photo" is in the eye of the beholder.At that point in time.
Sjoerd van den berg Sjoerd van den berg Post 12 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
elaine.....there is the perfect photograph ...which is due to evaluation.its just we refuse to recognise it and strive to better it .
like all that we do in life ,art and wrk if we admit to reaching perfection we cease to continue there fore we stop, end, finish. have nothing left .that is why we strive on and never will admit to perfection.we all fear the end.......sorry to being so morose.
Esti Eini Esti Eini Post 13 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
If the perfect photo was a matter of mathematics, finding the right formula, than it would'nt have been interesting at all. Photography is ART and it cannot be evaluated in formulas. I agree with Rages Ray that it is a matter of feelings. It has to arrise feelings and this is ofcourse a personal, subjective, and relative. If it is done with all your heart,loving what you do, than it can never cease to improve.
xxx xxx Post 14 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
have a look at my pictures, they are perfect....lol:)

of course its a joke, but any joke includes some truth i guess ...

we all should make photos, that are perfect for ourselves. if i dont believe in the things ime doing or i try to do, i wouldnt have a chance to become a perfect photographer. but what is perfect? is it to be technically flawless? is it to capture a remarkable moment? the answer is not generally to find...
Elaine Liebenbaum Elaine Liebenbaum Post 15 of 37
0 x Thank You
link
thank you all for your comments and thoughts,
I know that I am still striving for that perfect photo. Although I still havent come close so far.

Do you have any example of a perfect photo? I really would like to know your views about that photo that makes it so perfect. Might help me get some perspective on things.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the