How to shoot a twilight shot in real estate photography?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
xxx xxx Post 1 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
Many home owners or realtors want to have twilight photos for their listings because a twilight shot has the capability to add drama to any listing. Besides that, twilight has the power to hide those mundane details and make any home look magnificent.

Read more: Why are twilight photographs more effective than day time photographs. (https://goo.gl/G3U23s)
Day-to-Dusk Conversion (https://goo.gl/jDgorU)

Here is the guidance to get started with twilight shots.

Checking out the location:

First off, be prepared for the location/environment that you’ll be shooting in. It’d better get to the destination at least ten minutes before the sun actually sets. You will have time to look around the property and may find a good angle which shows off the house best. You also should check the weather at that location. Because many areas, the temperature can be down when the sun sets.

Using a tripod and cable release: When shooting twilight photos, exposure times will be several seconds or longer and the photos may get vibration. Using a tripod will help you solve with long exposure. If you don’t have a cable release use the interval timer to release the shutter. Set your camera to a low ISO (100) to get better color and less noise. This is probably not as important with newer high ISO DSLR bodies.
Turn on all the light: If possible, turn all the interior light, landscape or exterior light. The light will brighten the house and make the house stand out. Remember telling the home owners you will come and reminding them to turn on all the light if they are not there when you arrive.

Be patient and keep shooting: After setting your camera on the tripod, let start doing some test shots just to see if the framing you’ve imagined will actually work out. And now it is time to keep patient and shooting. About ten minutes after the sun has gone done, do a test shot with your camera just to see how things are looking. Fifteen minutes after the sun has gone down take another picture. Just to see how things change. Remember shooting raw so you will be able to adjust the white balance and exposure to your taste in post-processing. Take a seat and wait for the moment you are expecting for. There’s only about a one minute window during which really cool, really interesting, and (if you’re lucky) truly jaw-dropping images can be created after sunset — and this usually happens somewhere between twenty and twenty-five minutes after the sun drops below the horizon.
Evagibson Evagibson Post 2 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
I extremely like how stern you were with your bearings and wording. Easy to take after. I do feel like there were simpler approaches to do what you did, however. I feel like there a million stages to take after what you did here when what you did with the features could have been basically finished with bends in Photoshop. Administratively edited on 30.05.19, 09:56.
xxx xxx Post 3 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
For twilight photo, I prefer using a radio trigger rather than an IR trigger. Using radio shutter release triggers you don’t need a line of sight with the camera. It is enough for almost every scenario for it’s 300ft range. I use it a lot for my interior photography.
kylewest kylewest Post 4 of 4
0 x Thank You
link
well to be honest with you all of this method are old to capture the real estate photography the best method is to do it with drone photography. I have seen some at https://teamdronezone.com/home/ and it was one of the best ways to cover the real estate photography.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the