How do I make Photoshop run faster?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 1 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
How do I tune Photoshop for peak performance? What computer hardware is best for running Photoshop?
Cursty Kistner Cursty Kistner Post 2 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
I can't tell you about the hardware, but one thing, if you can't afford to buy new equipment: shut down all programmes you don't need. Things like Antivir or other virus programmes take up so much of your Ram, you'd be surprised how much faster everything runs when you don't have them. Uninstall or close them down in the task manager for the time, it helps a lot
bingi45 bingi45 Post 3 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
I have installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on machine. I upgraded Photoshop cs3 trial mode but i felt performance issues using the upgraded versions.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 4 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Cursty Kistner 22.10.16, 16:58To the cited postI can't tell you about the hardware, but one thing, if you can't afford to buy new equipment: shut down all programmes you don't need. Things like Antivir or other virus programmes take up so much of your Ram, you'd be surprised how much faster everything runs when you don't have them. Uninstall or close them down in the task manager for the time, it helps a lot
Okay thank you for the info.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 5 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: bingi45 01.11.16, 14:01To the cited postI have installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on machine. I upgraded Photoshop cs3 trial mode but i felt performance issues using the upgraded versions.
I am currently using Photoshop CS6 actually.
bingi45 bingi45 Post 6 of 13
1 x Thank You
link
Quote: Anila Jain 03.11.16, 13:12To the cited postQuote: bingi45 01.11.16, 14:01To the cited postI have installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on machine. I upgraded Photoshop cs3 trial mode but i felt performance issues using the upgraded versions

well How much Adobe Photoshop CS6 resource intensive. what is your hardware specification.
Administratively edited on 21.02.23, 10:26.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 7 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: bingi45 08.11.16, 15:50To the cited postQuote: Anila Jain 03.11.16, 13:12To the cited postQuote: bingi45 01.11.16, 14:01To the cited postI have installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on machine. I upgraded Photoshop cs3 trial mode but i felt performance issues using the upgraded versions

well How much Adobe Photoshop CS6 resource intensive. what is your hardware specification.

Should I use this link for finding out the hardware specification?
Administratively edited on 21.02.23, 10:27.
jerrycris jerrycris Post 8 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: bingi45 08.11.16, 15:50To the cited postQuote: Anila Jain 03.11.16, 13:12To the cited postQuote: bingi45 01.11.16, 14:01To the cited postI have installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0 on machine. I upgraded Photoshop cs3 trial mode but i felt performance issues using the upgraded versions

I have also Adobe Photoshop Trial Mode working perfectly.
Administratively edited on 21.02.23, 10:27.
Vikas Raj Vikas Raj Post 9 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Shut down all programs that you don't use. Programs such as Antivir and other virus programs consume a lot of your Ram and you'll be amazed at how much faster everything works in the absence of these programs. Close them or uninstall them within the task manager for the duration of time, this helps tremendously. I would also suggest you to use windows 11 which is the latest OS of Microsoft and it is very fast download here - Administratively edited on 21.02.23, 10:27.
helenmcneil20 helenmcneil20 Post 10 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: Vikas Raj 02.04.22, 20:45To the cited postShut down all programs that you don't use. Programs such as Antivir and other virus programs consume a lot of your Ram and you'll be amazed at how much faster everything works in the absence of these programs. Close them or uninstall them within the task manager for the duration of time, this helps tremendously. I would also suggest you to use windows 11 which is the latest OS of Microsoft and it is very fast download here - Thank you! It's a helpful advice!
rirawa2532 rirawa2532 Post 11 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Hi. Use the latest Microsoft 11 version
nsk452891 nsk452891 Post 12 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Hey! To boost Photoshop, adding more RAM works wonders. SSDs speed things up, too. For me, a solid graphics card made a real diff. A good balance of RAM, SSD, and GPU can make your Photoshop work smoother.
nsk452891 nsk452891 Post 13 of 13
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: nsk452891 06.03.24, 19:07To the cited postHey! To boost Photoshop, adding more RAM works wonders. SSDs speed things up, too. For me, a solid graphics card made a real diff. A good balance of RAM, SSD, and GPU can make your Photoshop work smoother.

And by the way, do you guys know any good websites to compress jpeg like https://jpeg-optimizer.com/? I need to upload some documents. I'll be grateful for your tips!
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the