Why is Prisma becoming more popular?

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 1 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Have you started using Prisma for any purpose yet? Why is Prisma suddenly becoming more popular compared to other photo-editing apps?
altae altae   Post 2 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Why would I want to edit photos on my smartphone/ tablet when I can do it on my PC/ laptop?
crysmarye crysmarye Post 3 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Prisma and Photoshop are not comparable.

Prisma is a photo effects app used to turn photos into art-like creations. Photoshop can be used for that, but that isn’t its main purpose. Photoshop is professional software used by people in the graphics industry, it’s used for many different things from retouching to image enhancement, and even for the creation of graphics and digital paintings from scratch (without a photo), and it’s complicated, and it doesn’t work on phones, and of course Photoshop isn’t free. Adobe has produced some mobile apps, but these are nothing like the real Photoshop either.

Prisma is much simpler, it’s a fun free app you can use on a phone. Of course it’s popular, because it’s free, and to make an edit all you do is hit one button. But that’s all it is - it can’t even do a fraction of the things Photoshop can do. There are lots of similar one touch photo editing phone apps, but again none of them compare to Photoshop.
Administratively edited on 12.12.16, 19:41.
altae altae   Post 4 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Hm, where exactly did I write Photoshop? I wrote PC/ laptop, that's not the same thing. There are free image editors available for PC too (e.g. Gimp) and there are also easy to use programs that apply filters. Oh and if you search for a few moments I bet you'll even find free and easy programs for PC/ laptop to do what that Prisma thing can do. My statement still stands: I really cannot see a reason why I would ever want to edit a photo on a phone/ tablet, even if it only means to apply a filter. Well maybe for a selfie but than again I don't do selfies so it's still a no-go ;-)
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 5 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: crysmarye 09.12.16, 11:37To the cited postPrisma and Photoshop are not comparable.

Prisma is a photo effects app used to turn photos into art-like creations. Photoshop can be used for that, but that isn’t its main purpose. Photoshop is professional software used by people in the graphics industry, it’s used for many different things from retouching to image enhancement, and even for the creation of graphics and digital paintings from scratch (without a photo), and it’s complicated, and it doesn’t work on phones, and of course Photoshop isn’t free. Adobe has produced some mobile apps, but these are nothing like the real Photoshop either.

Prisma is much simpler, it’s a fun free app you can use on a phone. Of course it’s popular, because it’s free, and to make an edit all you do is hit one button. But that’s all it is - it can’t even do a fraction of the things Photoshop can do. There are lots of similar one touch photo editing phone apps, but again none of them compare to Photoshop.

Yeah I know about Prisma already but was bit wondering about it's instant popularity!
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 6 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: altae 17.12.16, 02:15To the cited postHm, where exactly did I write Photoshop? I wrote PC/ laptop, that's not the same thing. There are free image editors available for PC too (e.g. Gimp) and there are also easy to use programs that apply filters. Oh and if you search for a few moments I bet you'll even find free and easy programs for PC/ laptop to do what that Prisma thing can do. My statement still stands: I really cannot see a reason why I would ever want to edit a photo on a phone/ tablet, even if it only means to apply a filter. Well maybe for a selfie but than again I don't do selfies so it's still a no-go ;-)
Yeah I got your point and the preferences always may vary!
altae altae   Post 7 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
I'm not saying that nobody should do it. If someone is into taking pictures with a smartphone, editing them on the go and directly uploading the results to whatever social network that's fine. But since I do neither the first nor the latter those apps are not for me.
abele17 abele17 Post 8 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
It's free and much more simple!
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 9 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: altae 25.12.16, 04:32To the cited postI'm not saying that nobody should do it. If someone is into taking pictures with a smartphone, editing them on the go and directly uploading the results to whatever social network that's fine. But since I do neither the first nor the latter those apps are not for me.
Yes I got your point!
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 10 of 10
0 x Thank You
link
Quote: abele17 26.06.17, 06:40To the cited postIt's free and much more simple!
But you cant get all types of editing effect from here!
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the