Time for a change???

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 9
2 x Thank You
link
Hi members,
after having a good look at FC I think it's about time for a change. My idea is to quit with the complete favorite section because some people use it with the wrong intention.
Making as much uploads from other members favorite and then in return getting the same amount back and a new group of friends is born. And these friends are proposing work of other friends regardless the quality of these uploads.
Then as favor the other is proposing work of the proposer. Voting is working the same way and when we take a look in the voting section without looking at names then we see proposals which really belong in a dustbin.
The same for the given votes which are in these cases often 100% positive hoping for the same treatment in return. Then I think getting a Star in that way is a hollow Star without any worth and making the well deserved Stars loosing their sparkle.
Because their are also photos in the voting section which makes my mouth water, and these perfect uploads often turned down because a lack of so called friends. But sometimes they get their Star and are the jewels of our community
Be honest because badly exposed and complete out of focus has nothing to do with creativity but with misusing the camera.
To prevent this childish behavior I want to suggest a whole new gallery system.
Proposing should be done anonymously and an upload is going to the voting section after 15 proposals at least.
Then the voting part. People are afraid to give their honest verdict so make this also anonymous (this the part I hate because a honest opinion is a good opinion) but with an explanation why the voter is positive or negative.
This changes could give FotoCommunity a positive boost. Think about it and give it a try.
These changes are not in my interest because I won't use the gallery section so.......

Hallo Mitglieder,
nachdem ich mir über die Jahre hier einen guten Überblick verschafft habe denke ich es ist an der Zeit vielleicht etwas zu verändern. Meine Idee wäre, die komplette Lieblings - Sektion ab zu schaffen, da einige Leute es mit der falschen Absicht verwenden.
Es werden Bilder favorisiert damit im Gegenzug dann wieder Bilder favorisiert werden und so entsteht eine Gruppe aus Freunden die Bilder für die Galerie vorschlagen egal ob die Qualität gut ist oder nicht Wenn man mal in die Galerie schaut findet man Bilder die in die Mülltonne gehören, die es aber durch einen großen Freundeskreis der positiv gevotet hat , geschafft hat und im Gegenzug bedankt man sich mit einem ebenso positiven Voting. Einen Stern auf diese Weise zu bekommen, hat für mich keinen Wert und die verdienten Sterne verlieren so auch ihren Glanz. Es gibt auch Bilder in der Abstimmung, die meinen Mund wässrig machen und ich denke das sind wirklich perfekte Bilder die einen Stern verdient haben, ihn aber nicht bekommen, weil sie nicht genug Freunde haben die positiv voten. Aber manchmal bekommen sie ihren Stern und das sind für mich die Juwelen unserer Gemeinschaft.
Seien Sie ehrlich, schlecht belichtete oder unscharfe Bilder haben nichts mit Kreativität zu tun sondern mit einer schlechten Einstellung oder Benutzung der Kamera. Um dieses Vorgehen zu verhindern, würde ich gerne ein neues Galerie System vorschlagen.
Der Vorschlag für die Galerie sollte anonym sein und erst nach 15 Vorschlägen sollte er zum Voting freigegeben werden.
Die Abstimmung sollte auch anonym sein, da viele Menschen Angst haben ihre ehrliche Meinung zu geben, in der Erklärung sollte stehen warum positiv oder negativ gewertet wurde. (anonym hasse ich zwar, weil für mich eine ehrliche Meinung eine gute Meinung ist, aber wahrscheinlich wird es nur so funktionieren)
Diese Änderungen könnten der FC einen positiven Schub geben. Denken Sie bitte darüber nach und testen sie es einfach mal aus.
Diese Änderungen sind nicht in meinem Interesse, weil ich die Galerie nicht benutze.
gr.Rob
Luc Grollie Luc Grollie Post 2 of 9
1 x Thank You
link
hi Rob,
must congrat you for never giving up...
been looking around lately and all is still like before (except for the new look), will never change imho, not here not anywhere else.
greetz,
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Luc, then the only thing what could help is honesty and that's what I'll do, giving honest critiques and stay away from favorites and votings
Gr. Rob
altae altae   Post 4 of 9
2 x Thank You
link
Yep, it's really sad that people don't criticize honestly. I'd love comments on my photos like "Hey, you white balance is way off" or "great picture but you should have chosen a smaller aperture"... That's what would really help me because I know my photos are far from perfect.
Davidj Davidj Post 5 of 9
1 x Thank You
link
I've tried a few other Photo Communities and found the exact same thing, Rob.
In one particular site I did as you are doing and declared my intention of not joining in the favourites/commended/10/10 thing.
The response was immediate and comments on my images dropped by about 75% practically overnight.
I guess that people need their ego's stroked and expect reciprocity for every box they tick. I fear that this diminishes any real value to the entire comments section of those sites.
Constructive and polite criticism of ones work should be applauded, after all none of us are perfect but seek to improve on our finished product.
That said, many of us (myself included) create an image for many reasons and often from remembered events/emotions/atmosphere remembered from the time of taking and present it as such.
No-one can fully understand the circumstances of that moment but we put it out in public view because we are happy with it, that should be respected.
The very best of luck with your quest, I'll join you and see how it goes before becoming a paid up member.
Anila Jain Anila Jain Post 6 of 9
1 x Thank You
link
Quote: altae 03.12.16, 17:12To the cited postYep, it's really sad that people don't criticize honestly. I'd love comments on my photos like "Hey, you white balance is way off" or "great picture but you should have chosen a smaller aperture"... That's what would really help me because I know my photos are far from perfect.
Its true, some constructive reviews are more helpful to correct the things and make the shot better.
Matthias Moritz Matthias Moritz   Post 7 of 9
1 x Thank You
link
Well said overall.

However, we administrators experience not a few users, who received exactly these comments with a useful content under their photos, feeling "unpleasant" with it. They complain about it or they blank out the comments personally.
So, being honest does not mean a rewarding experience automatically.

May be its better to get friends at first for a time to understand each other?
Last edited by Matthias Moritz on 25.04.17, 11:38, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
@Matthias, do I understand it in the right way. Your suggesting to become friends with everybody for some mutual understanding. Are you serious or am I wrong that this is a serious photo site where we should learn from each other due receiving honest critiques and help when needed. If just the social aspect is important then it's maybe better to go to sites like Facebook
gr.Rob
Matthias Moritz Matthias Moritz   Post 9 of 9
1 x Thank You
link
@Rob:

you may receive comments or appreciations from other (unknown) members as well (like well done, good shot, etc...).
However, its my personal opinion and also my experience that a certain number of closer (real) friends is much more effective, because more aquainted to a photographer causes more intense and detailed discussions about the pictures.
So, yes, its my personal opinion that the quality of honest critiques and comments is influenced by the "social aspect".

However, any open minded discussion about your photos may be read also by other members. Take it as an additional, not quantifiable learning factor within this community.
Last edited by Matthias Moritz on 26.04.17, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the