Membership and use of fotocummunity.

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Rob Lamper Rob Lamper Post 1 of 2
0 x Thank You
link
Since about one week I am in my "tryout period".
I submitted several photo's and visited the galleries several times.
I draw my conclusions now:
I have got reactions on almost each photo, unfortunatly only compliments without exception. Almost the same content and very often from the same members.
This does not work very well in my view. No critics means no educational value.
About the gallery: each new photo stays for about one or two days visible on the first page. The overkill in submissions makes each Photo disapear very soon. Digging trough the galleries could take several days and as long as I am watching galleries I cant make pictures. That is absolutly not my intension.
In short: I think fotocommunity is grown to big and killing it self.
This is the reason that I quit and start looking for a smaller and more interactive site.
Sorry, the idea was good and the no nonsens level also but I've got lost on the site.
Rob

Post Edited (13:25h)
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 2 of 2
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Rob!
I'm sorry that you want to quit, surely I think it would have been good for the fotocommunity to have you here. So I didn't write comments to your pictures (I was on holidays and wrote very few comments the last weeks) I noticed them as some good work.
As for the causes you give I think I'll have to disagree in some parts.
It's true that really constructive critics are rare, critisizing means also to say what one don't like, and saying that might also scare away new members. Personally I like to get an impression of the author first before saying things which are negative (pooh, very poor formulation but I think you understand what I mean). Please consider also that it's summertime, and I have an impression that many of those who are giving constructive critics are on holiday just now... I myself have had some really usefull discussions here and am sure, that I could improve my skills a lot.
What you say about the size of the fotocommunity, so I disagree as long as it concern .com. I, too, think that the .de page is too crowded, but here on .com I'd like to see more activity. Anyway, it is important to "filtrate" the "input" after your personal taste, and you can do this with the "Buddy"-function. Mark photographers whose work you like as "Buddies", and you can have a closer and easier look on their work. But sure, it takes some time to go through all the pictures, but it's also sure that that's common in all such kind of communities.
Off course there are problems, no such a site will be perfect, but let's try to make the best of it...
I really hope that your decision to leave is not your final decision...
Greetings from Norway, Martin
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the