July 2015 Monthly Theme - Shadow People

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 1 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
July 2015 Monthly Theme - Shadow People

The hard, direct light of summer is far from ideal for many types of photography, but one of the benefits that it offers is the appearance of strong shadows, which can make great subjects for your camera. One of the interesting qualities of shadows is that their shape and scale can be distorted by the angle of the sun, and the surface they’re projected onto.

People whether running, jumping, walking the dog or just enjoying a coffee, their shadows create interesting graphic shapes that have the potential to make striking photos. – From; Amateur Photographer.com/UK

The shot should be a new shot you took this month, not something from your back catalog.

( Download the image to your FC account and post the link to the image in this thread ).

There are no prizes for the monthly theme just the fun and satisfaction of participating.

How to upload an image into the forum;

http://www.fotocommunity.com/info/How_d ... omments%3F

Shadow of a Cowboy The photo was voted to the gallery Shadow of a Cowbo… Ken Piros 01.07.15 69

Photography Quote of the Month;

I used to think but now I know…
- Bob Goff

I used to think, “I need that lens…” You know the one I’m talking about? You probably have it in an online cart somewhere and you’re just longing for the day you can click “confirm purchase.” You’ve read all the reviews about it, and looked at thousands of images you can create with it. I had that lens… then it fell out of my pack and shattered on the floor.
I used to think that I needed “that” camera body. The one that can shoot 400 frames per second and has so many megapixels I could crop in and see the faces of astronauts on the international space station. Then it was stolen on a job.
I used to think I needed all this gear to justify calling myself a photographer, and this one hurt: I had to sell all of it to support my young family.
Was I still a photographer? I no longer had anything to identify myself as one except for the random rogue lens caps and broken rocket duster…
This isn’t a feel-sorry-for-Corey moment. Just the opposite actually because those are the moments that helped me identify who I am, what I am, what I believe in, and how much more I can do with less. They would also obliterate all my excuses and force me to become CREATIVE with what I had or lack thereof. - Corey Lack
Last edited by Ken Piros on 01.07.15, 00:50, edited 3 times in total.
claudine capello claudine capello   Post 2 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
hello ! maybe these 2 monks in ASSISI are ok for the theme of the month? there are real shadows but in the same time they try to be the shadows of san franceso..., understand as a spiritual way of living!
have a nice month claudine

dans l ombre de st françois..... dans l ombre de s… claudine capello 03.07.15 31
Bernard.Backpacker Bernard.Backpacker Post 3 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
hello all,
one photo made in March:

My friend photograph the first wildflowers My friend photogr… Bernard.Backpacke… 06.07.15 12
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 4 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
Shadow People

The Stroll -Long Shadows The Stroll -Long… Ken Piros 19.07.15 13
paolo barbaresi paolo barbaresi Post 5 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
fc-foto:36530464]
Ara Pacis.
paolo barbaresi paolo barbaresi Post 6 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
http://fc-foto.it/36530464
Ara Pacis
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 7
0 x Thank You
link
[fc-foto:36530717]

open house
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the