Dynamic Focus vs Single Point Auto Focus Settings and Sharpn

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Dynamic Focus vs Single Point Auto Focus Settings and Sharpness

I am reading on Ken Rockwell’s site the other day about AF modes and he basically stated that Single Point focus was from the stone age of photography and that Dynamic Focus is the way to set your camera. Now I like to control the DOF a lot in my photography and have always used Single Point focus, set the DOF and make the image. At times certain parts of the main topic would be out of focus slightly even if using f5.6 as opposed to f1.8 or F2.8.

Would the Dynamic Focus setting help keep more of the main topic in focus at f5.6 than the single area focus or is the problem f5.6 is still too narrow and I would need to increase the f-stop to a 6-7?
Ken Piros Ken Piros   Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
The reason for this question was that part of an image I made with my new D5100 using the far right focal point of the cameras 11 focus points resulted in the left part of the main subject to be blurry.
I came across this post on DP Review and it seems to be about the same focus / sharpness issue I was having.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50741321

So if anyone else is having focus / sharpness issues this may help.
Jodi Lynnhjy Jodi Lynnhjy Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Normally to focus on our subject, we pick the focal point we want, then ... Or, what if for some reason you want your photo to be out of focus? This is common in stock photos. The photo subject is out of focus and they later add in a sharp focus ...

---------------
Jodi Lynnhjy
unlock iphone
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the