Copyright & identitiy logos ...

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Deleted user Deleted user Post 1 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Why do people do it ??? Why spend ages creating a wonderful, balanced image that people want to look at ... THEN .. stick an ugly logo on it, that at best is a bit of pretentious graffiti .... spoiling the image. I think a lot of people do it to look professional but how many serious photographers will desecrate their precious art with a crude logo ??? I have experimented a little bit and found that a small one out of the image area was acceptable for me. What does everybody else think ?? Its just my opinion but i would be interested in everyone else's.
Tony AKa fototaker Tony AKa fototaker   Post 2 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
hiya. i am a photograph who does that BuT i started as you did; i never thought i'd stick a word or logo on my fotos, but i do now. in the few years i have been online with my fotos (1997) i have seen my fotos used without permission on the local television station, and other places. i have talked with photographers who have had their entiRe website including ALL the fotos STOLEN; the thief just changed the name and called it all his own!!! i have heard from models and photogs who mention people stealing their fotos too.

thats WHY one of the reasons i will never put a foto HERE in high resolution; it will always be small and VERY compressed. i know it looks bad but better a bad foto NOBODY will use without my permission, than a STOLEN foto!!

as i am now very used to putting my logo on fotos, i have even starting writing original poetry upon the image... still a "copyright" but a very nice one. i still don't putting my logo or creditline on the pixs, but.... i do it only for the fotos i LiKE a lot.

all you need to experience is the first foto that belongs to YOU, and you will do it too.

PS: it's too easy for the thief to cut off the name at the very bottom....

hope this helps you understand
Deleted user Deleted user Post 3 of 3
0 x Thank You
link
Hi Tony - that's EXACTLY why I posted my message ... I knew some people had a good reason for doing it and some were just pretentious or misled into thinking it looks professional or impressive. I can see exactly what you mean but on many of the images I see on here with logos the logo is in a blank or uncomplicated area where I could whip the logo off in seconds on PS so whilst that maybe your reason I do not think that goes for the majority ... but very interesting to hear of your experiences ... regards, Paul.
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the