Competition

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 1 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
May be of interest to some other users on the site.

The BBC is runnig a competition at the moment called "A Picture of Britain". They are apparently trying to compile a digital picture of Britain so I'm guessing that analogue photgraphy is out of the window.

Unfortunately, entry is limited to UK residents only.

You can upload a total of 25 shots before the closing deadline of 31st July 2005.

The site link is:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/apictureofbritain/

There...thats my good deed for the day done.
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 2 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Ihave antered a submission.....please follow the link if you would like to vote. Thanks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/apps/ifl/arts/apic ... d?Id=71697

Post Edited (18:32h)
Stu Good Stu Good Post 3 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
And I thought the BBC where supposed to be politically correct !
I feel discrimated against for only having an analogue camera. I may sue ;-)

Good luck Rob. Nice photo. :-)
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 4 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
As a correction, "antered" actually means "entered".

Obviously I was spelling this in my local dialect. I should also point out that spaces between words is also quite redundant around here, which explains the word "Ihave".

Just in case you though I couldn't spell.

And Stuart, surely you have a camera phone ? If you do sue, please remember to tell them about my emotional anguish at the thought of you being discriminated against. Its ruined my life, and only lots of money will ever help me get over this.
Stu Good Stu Good Post 5 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
A camera phone ? what a Dinosaur like me ? don't be absurd.
I have an old Nokia that bounces when I drop it ! :-)
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 6 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Just voted
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 7 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
If you voted 10, Robert....thanks.

If you voted less than 10 you will be expected to buy a new computer and vote properly the second time.

All that rubbish about the participation being more important than winning doesn't wash with me. I am looking to win something new for the first since the 1500m in the Kent Schools sport day, aged 11.
Robert Riley Robert Riley Post 8 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
I voted 10 of course. I have 2 shots in the Competition. You can find by searching Photographer. Please vote if you wish. You remind me of Steve Ovett! He was abit of a runner wasn't he?
Rob Wells Rob Wells Post 9 of 9
0 x Thank You
link
Oh yes, I'm like Steve Ovett's and Forrest Gump's love child.

That BBC competition is complete pants you realise. They display the pictures too small, and after submission you stand only a snow-balls chance in hell of ever causually seeing it again. Apparently, because they have so many submissions, they only ever show 1500 random shots if you start to browse the gallery.

And I'll be f**ked if they think I'm gonna watch BBCi on the off chance they care to show one of mine.

I even emailed them to tell them it was pants...they never replied and I just felt that little bit older: -

"Dear BBC,

Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Yours sincerely,

Irate from Kent"

Its the sort of letter that my grand-dad would have written. Oh the shame!!
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the