Anyone want to take pics of Zentai in London, UK?

<123>
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
When When Post 31 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Oh no Ruud, I'm not trying to be offence or difficult at all, just trying to understand what its about. I'm far from against it, in fact, if I were able I would probably show up myself. As I said previous, I have in the past and do now belong to groups that go into the public for a variety of motivations. I have a great number of close friends that are street performers. I know first hand the power and freedom a tube of clown white can bring. As I also said as my first comment, I look forward to seeing the pictures. Sounds like it will be a lot of fun.

Peter and Morice, Thanks for not getting offended by our questions. There are several different views I have on what you are doing. It is very curious.

Its not that I'm not entertained by people in costume, I've often been there myself. Because of being assaulted by people using a mask -actually three men - I am just very street wise about it. I don't like to be approached in an open public place by a masked person. If you walked up behind someone like me you might not get the result you expected. Maybe something you can take with you and understand. My personal preference for the costumes is the eyeless suit. The ones with eye holes do unsettle me, one with just a mouth hole I find disturbing and distractive from the illusion.
I did not use the term fetish in a sexual context. That was the last thought in my head actually. It can be fetish to get personal emotional gratification and acceptance from the public. This is even more so if you are doing it solely for this reason. A tight lycra suit can also give profound somatosensory/proprioceptive feedback that can emotionally, psychologically, and physically have effects on the wearer. You may be getting internal benefits from the suits without knowing. People with anxiety, perception and autistic disorders benefit from wearing such suits to calm the nervous system in highly stimulating situations such as being in public. Tight fitting suits can also give calming feedback to people in general, and can highten a person's perception of body placement in space. Actually, my first thought was that I know a lot of children with neuromuscular and autistic spectrum disorders that could use a custom suit, my child included. I used swimsuits and surf suits with my children in art therapy to help them. Don't know, but it might be something that would give a purpose to your project. I have been involved with the organization that has done extensive research on it and can give further information for anyone interested.

Wish you well and hope all goes off without a hitch. Having some of the FC photographers that are planning on showing will most assuredly give you some exceptional images.
Peter I. Peter I. Post 32 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Hello When,

thank Your very much for Your very interesting hints. Looking for "Zentai" by Google somebody will probably get a lot of pictures and statements, Mortice and I cann´t become familiar with. That´s life and nothing special for this topic.
Quote:
Its not that I'm not entertained by people in costume,
I've often been there myself. Because of being assaulted
by people using a mask -actually three men - I am just
very street wise about it. I don't like to be approached
in an open public place by a masked person.

Well, I understand You. Expiriences like these aren´t traceless for the future of the victims. But I guess, that You wont have problems with somebody in Zentai, because the whole impression is different: it´s hardly possible, to hide anything in such a suit and of course no felon is willing to restrict vision and so the possibilities to flee.
Quote:
If you walked up behind someone like me you might not
get the result you expected. Maybe something you can
take with you and understand.

Meanwhile people became accustomed to advertisers in furry-suits, to bodypainted statues and others, they don´t know what to think about our outfit. So it depends - we could also be an interesting part of Your performances.
Quote:
My personal preference for the costumes is the eyeless
suit. The ones with eye holes do unsettle me, one with
just a mouth hole I find disturbing and distractive from
the illusion.

In fact, the majority of the artistic reasons are conditioning not to point out any part of the wearer´s face. In asian countries, where often teamwork is greater than the once personality, these suits are used to hide the identity of stage performers. The audience should be hooked by the art itself and not by the fact, that the dancer is a wellknown star.

Have a nice day,
Peter
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 33 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
ok bye bye my previous posts

whatever

Post Edited (16:38h)
Mortice Mortice Post 34 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
When wrote:

Quote:If you walked up behind someone like me you
might not get the result you expected. Maybe something you can
take with you and understand.

That is a very good point you raise, although we've never had an issue about it in the past. I think it depends how you go about it - I don't think any of us specifically set out to 'surprise' the public, not like jumping out from a hiding place, for instance.

Quote:My personal preference for the
costumes is the eyeless suit. The ones with eye holes do
unsettle me

That's interesting, because I've heard people express the opposite view, they think it's 'just weird' to not be able to see someone's eyes.

But I think 100% coverage is the essence of Zentai.

Quote:I did not use the term fetish in a sexual context. That was the
last thought in my head actually. It can be fetish to get
personal emotional gratification and acceptance from the
public. This is even more so if you are doing it solely for
this reason.

That's very interesting, and I think it pretty much sums up what we're about (for me, anyway).

Quote:Actually, my first thought was that I know
a lot of children with neuromuscular and autistic spectrum
disorders that could use a custom suit, my child included.

I'm a member of an online discussion group about autism and zentai, and I'd not until joining appreciated the connection.

Quote:I
used swimsuits and surf suits with my children in art therapy
to help them. Don't know, but it might be something that would
give a purpose to your project. I have been involved with the
organization that has done extensive research on it and can
give further information for anyone interested.

Very interesting... our group does suffer a bit from Project Without A Cause, although I'm not sure how what we do could be linked to such a need.

Thanks for your comments :)
Peter I. Peter I. Post 35 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Althought the hints given by "when" are very interesting, here an example to turn back to the topic

[fc-foto:8730049]
Ruud van der Lubben Ruud van der Lubben Post 36 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Very nice picture, even though i think the picture is too much centered on the Zentai and not enough on the interaction with the public. All the paoples faces are turned towards the zentai and therefore invisible to the camera.
Dennis Veldman Dennis Veldman Post 37 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
ruud, what are you smoking dude?
Peter I. Peter I. Post 38 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
@ Ruud:

Thanks for Your reply. As You wrote yet, streetphotography is a hard piece of bred for less expiried photographers outworking it by a camera less fitting to fast changing situations.
Althought London provides in fact better locations than a running tube train, we had there at the end of the day a lot of fun and fortunately Mortice got two nice pics into the box.

Have a nice day,
Peter
EdgarTorres EdgarTorres Post 39 of 39
0 x Thank You
link
Nice tips. It's good to know shooting tips. And we can sign our photo with an EXIF photo editor: http://www.watermark-software.com/
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the