Another questions for admins and webmasters

Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
Google Ads Google Ads
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 1 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Please advise whether you are going to rebuild the FC and add a feature to edit a photo on-line. I don't mean for the authors of the photos, but for their visitors/viewers. Such tools like Crop, B/W, Golden Section would be very practical to post them into the comment to make it more pictorial
Deleted user Deleted user Post 2 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
you are a clever little thing vladimir - arent you ... keep FC busy that's what I say .. ;0)
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 3 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
He-he... I just wonder why only a few enthusiasts are interested in the devolopment of the home where they live...
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 4 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Hmm, in general a good idea. But I think there will be at least some who are afraid because of their copyright.
But for discussing this would be a great possibility and maybe it could be possible to include such a function as an additional option where you can choose if you either just want to show your pic or really disuss them with the possibility for others to change something...
Deleted user Deleted user Post 5 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
In terms of copyright .. any altered images could be displayed with a faint watermark to render the image useless in its altered state - unless we have some very adept PS users ... ;0)
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 6 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Guys! I meant the following...
For example, I viewed your photo, Martin, and want to say to you: "If I were you, I would crop it in a such way", pressed the "Crop button", played with crop lines on-line and by pressing the special button inserted a link to result into my comment. The original image will stay not altered at all!!!

Please visit my page at the Russian Photocommunity

http://www.photosight.ru/photo.php?phot ... ref=author

and you will see under the photo 4 special buttons. Play with them the press the Russian string of 2 words that means "isert into the comment". In the last comment you will see a special sign that means that the visitor would like to show how he would crop the picture. Press on it and you will see the result.
Deleted user Deleted user Post 7 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Calm down Vladimir .... ;0) I know exactly what you meant ... I think Martin was suggesting that people who are a bit hot when it comes to their own copyright or having their own work manipulated by others may object to their work being altered by someone else and then on open view to others ... personally I wouldnt be and i like the idea as I find one of the biggest errors on images on here is composition ... badly placed subjects, intruding unimportant objects, distracting foregrounds or backgrounds etc etc ... please place a blob of jam on the exclamation mark key on your keyboard you impetuous young man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha !!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;0) Still friends are we ??
Vladimir Danilov Vladimir Danilov Post 8 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I'm cold like an iceberg... I really don't understand the problem of the copyright. I (like most of us, I may state) post here my photos to hear what other people think of them and to improve skills after hearing criticisms. And not to sell their works. I have not seen on any community Helmut Newton, for example, he doesn't need onther's help. Who is feared of his copyright and can not sleep in the nights becouse of it, schould find another place. Fortunately, there are only a few people like that.

Now we all have to communicate with each other only by fotomails to discuss our photos how to do them best (like we do now with Martin Unger, before upload our works). It's really unconvinient to "save as..." someone's work, edit it in Photoshop, optimize to 130 kb, then upload to an own folder at FC and send a fotomail with your version. Mama mia...

Suuuuuuuuurely we are still friends. I'm 29, still young, maybe (I hope).
Martin Unger Martin Unger Post 9 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
Yes Paul, you're right. After some discussions with others I learned that there's some people quite anxious about their copyrights. Just look at the pics, don't touch anything, comments welcome (!); or even uploading the pics in an extremely miserable quality to make them useless when you download them... :-)
Well, that's not the standard here (I hope and think so), and really not the right attitude for discussing the pictures.
When you are so afraid about violations of your copyright, then you can't use Internet at all, but you'll have to place them all in your safe at home, placing a Dobermann before it.
OK but now my opinion: Vladimirs suggestion could work fine at least for the part here in the community who really wants to discuss pictures.
For those who don't want to discuss them, just display pictures harvesting marks of honor there could be a possibility not to join this option. Maybe in another channel "perfect pictures, don't touch..."
Anyway: also for the pictures displayed here in the FC the copyright is with the fotographers. Also without showing a name across halv the picture, isn't it?
(Puh, what a long, boring and pathetic text! I'll promise to improve... tomorrow!)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 10 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
I'll get yer coat Martin ;0)
Deleted user Deleted user Post 11 of 11
0 x Thank You
link
greetings.
This is my first ever quetion to you guys!!As a paid member am I allowed into the site called "akt studio"I can get the thumbnails but not the full size look.Dont read german either so I am not sure what it says but the little red lock on the pics says it all!!I love fotocommunity.This site is awesome!!Thanks for the great work!!
jerry

Post Edited (14:26h)
Discuss with us! Register and join for free.
join for free.
To the